Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
VA
Okay so I was having a problem with the fatigue so I started taking a b12 supplement. I wasn’t all better but I was feeling like I could make make it through a work day. So I started Cymbalta 3 days ago and I wake up feeling energized but by 10 am I’m falling asleep again. I’m not sure if I should up the b12 or what? Also there are places on my body where I have always felt pain but it seems more intense in this time. I’m not even sure if this makes since.

Makes sense. Keep watching (and making notes) while you're waiting for you body to get used to it.

B12 isn't typical for fatigue, so I'd be surprised if it helps much. You can't overdose it, the body gets rid of what it doesn't need. How well it works also depends on the type. In case your gut doesn't take it, jabs are better (s.c.).

Okay so I have a supplement question for you. I read that topical magnesium was better than a oral pill! Something about absorbing it better???

Don't think there's any truth to that. Personally I think a pill is more likely to do good.

I read that topical magnesium was better than a oral pill! Something about absorbing it better???
Yep, the other way round.
There is some medical evidence for oral, none for topical (sprays or Epsom salts). That doesn't necessarily mean topical = transdermal doesn't work at all, but they haven't found it to yet.
Yes, "absorbing it better" is always the question.
What you read is probably people saying if your gut doesn't take it up well, your skin might, but there's no proof of that. You can of course just try it yourself, e.g. sprays best on the bottom of your foot. Epsom salt baths might have several reasons for helping apart from the magnesium: the changed water, the sulphate, the atmosphere etc.
What type of pill can be absorbed best is also the question: magnesium malate & magnesium glycinate come out as some of the best sorts for that.

Last edited:
Do you get b12 jabs jaycs? I don’t eat chicken or meat but I take b12 (and other b vitamins ) to try and make up for it (I’d like to have the jabs) my blood tests always come back normal for vitamin deficits though (which always surprises me) 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hello @chance1252 I like your profile picture (pair of cutie pies) welcome ☕🍪 I hope you find a way and some new findings to help with the fatigue (as that can be a nightmare) as it hits out of the blue sometimes, but yeah to be sleeping by 10am defiantly needs investigating 🤴🏻🦹🏼‍♀️💫

Do you get b12 jabs jaycs? I don’t eat chicken or meat but I take b12 (and other b vitamins ) to try and make up for it (I’d like to have the jabs) my blood tests always come back normal for vitamin deficits though (which always surprises me) 🤷🏻‍♀️
Used to be even more surprising for me - I didn't have to take supp. Some of us actually do have more B12 resources. Plus you can go vegan for 4 years without supplementing. But it's B12 in the dairy that will actually be the main reason. I was never that strictly vegan. Probably strictest now, and to be on the safe side I do sometimes buy = eat or drink some when expired/overdue (hate the thought of that going wasted).

Yeah, my wife's been giving me 5mg methylcobalamin jabs s.c. and cos those boosters made my levels rocket I was only needing 1 every 3 months. Didn't make a difference (like D3+K2-MK7), but makes sure it's not that. Be ordering again soon from a compounding pharmacy, maybe this time 1mg, alternating the 3 good types hydroxo-, methyl- and adenosyl-cobalamin, because they all have certain advantages.
If my wife wouldn't do the jabs, I think I've got the balls to do it on myself, at least now I've seen and felt how she does it. But it's good for her to have something she can do for me. My docs wouldn't, I've also got some high dose L-carnitine and vitamin C to be injected i.v., but no one I know has the spunk to do that, so it's wasting away. Maybe I'll drink it some day, if I don't get some nurse to have pity on me. :rolleyes: 🧐

Last edited:
Used to be even more surprising for me - I didn't have to take supp. Some of us actually do have more B12 resources. Plus you can go vegan for 4 years without supplementing. But it's B12 in the dairy that will actually be the main reason. I was never that strictly vegan. Probably strictest now, and to be on the safe side I do sometimes buy = eat or drink some when expired/overdue (hate the thought of that going wasted).

Yeah, my wife's been giving me 5mg methylcobalamin jabs s.c. and cos those boosters made my levels rocket I was only needing 1 every 3 months. Didn't make a difference (like D3+K2-MK7), but makes sure it's not that. Be ordering again soon from a compounding pharmacy, maybe this time 1mg, alternating the 3 good types hydroxo-, methyl- and adenosyl-cobalamin, because they all have certain advantages.
If my wife wouldn't do the jabs, I think I've got the balls to do it on myself, at least now I've seen and felt how she does it. But it's good for her to have something she can do for me. My docs wouldn't, I've also got some high dose L-carnitine and vitamin C to be injected i.v., but no one I know has the spunk to do that, so it's wasting away. Maybe I'll drink it some day, if I don't get some nurse to have pity on me. :rolleyes: 🧐
@Auriel what reasons you guys cut meat out? I naturally dislike it and often don’t want to eat it at all. I have A blood type and was told that’s the natural vegetarian blood type…I sort of figured it’s an enzyme deficiency because I couldn’t do most fruits or veggies growing up…

🎶 if I walk with the animals, talk with the animals, grunt and squeak and squawk with the animals, and they could talk to meeeeeeeee! 🎶

It's interesting. There are so many different body types and different needs that human bodies have. Some people are much healthier, and even in less pain, if they eat a plant-based diet. Others, like myself, cannot maintain good health without eating meat almost daily, and daily is best. It's just like how some people thrive in cold climates or rainy ones, and others have to have heat and sun. Some of the latter is entwined with personality and preferred activities, but the former seems to be something set in our bodies maybe even before we are born. I have often wondered if it is genetic.

Mine too @fimi (they all eat meat) I never wanted to growing up (but you didn’t go against them ⚠️ ✋🏻)

Some of the latter is entwined with personality and preferred activities, but the former seems to be something set in our bodies maybe even before we are born. I have often wondered if it is genetic.
Yup, I can imagine both heat/cold and meat/plant being sort of genetic. Altho strange after all the mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back