Not open for further replies.

Staciee

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1997
Country
UK
Awake again 4am and feeling lonely anyway hi! I’m Tracey from Wales uk have CF5 and fibromyalgia been chronically ill since 1997. Can be very lonely existence only have husband to talk too so I hope we can share our frustrations and help each other x

Hi Staciee and welcome to the forum,

I've also suffered with symptoms of fibro since the 90's, but were only diagnosed last year. I totally get your feeling of loneliness, as many on here do. I have my husband, cat and dog to talk to now, having cut out the people that caused me stress in my life, and I find my animals bring me so much joy - if I could bottle how they make me feel it would beat any meds out there!

This is a great place for support and the odd giggle too! (laughing can really help).
Ask or vent all you want, you are never alone here. :)💜

Last edited:
Hi Staciee, Welcome to the forum. We are a supportive group and you can ask any questions you have or just vent if you want to. We are here to help each other. You are very lucky to have your husband to talk to, as many do not have a significant other they can talk to. But anyone can benefit from visiting with others who have fibromyalgia, and that's what we are here for.

Reactions: MNP
Hi staciee (fellow daffodiliey) welcome to our forum ☕🍰 we hope you find it a supportive, informative (and a good place to vent if you want to, we have a thread especially for that) we have a memes thread sweetkamie started to make us cheery (cos as you know fibro can bring you down) we hope you like being here, nice to (forum) meet you, 🙂🌼💛

Last edited:
That must of been very hard only been diagnosed last year Fimi I understand having to cut people from your life even family, its awful but trying to keep repeating yourself why your unable to leave house and being Made to feel guilty for being unwell makes life even harder. I have six cats I love them and the make me smile a lot which is great as can get very depressed some day. Thanks for making me feel welcome ❤️xx

you are right I kniw I’m lucky to have him I do try tell myself that everyday thank you all for making me feel welcome I hope I can be there for you all and we can help each other, nice to meet you all ❤️xxx

That must of been very hard only been diagnosed last year Fimi I understand having to cut people from your life even family, its awful but trying to keep repeating yourself why your unable to leave house and being Made to feel guilty for being unwell makes life even harder. I have six cats I love them and the make me smile a lot which is great as can get very depressed some day. Thanks for making me feel welcome ❤️xx

It is difficult cutting people out, and something it took me a long time to do. At the beginning I fought with myself as to why I wasn't up to doing things - then finally came the acceptance and removing as much stress as possible. I do miss certain people in my life if I'm honest, but I can't handle the drama and feel a lot better for not seeing them.

Six cats!...wow...I bet they keep you on your toes! Mine is a very spoilt white short hair! She sits under the dog who is very protective of her!
Do all your cats get along well? :)

It is difficult cutting people out, and something it took me a long time to do.
Thankfully, like mindfulness, I started that long before fibro, so had built up a lot of foundation (slowly too).
But I've still become more radical with that, if necessary.
Householding with small amounts of energy means less people, so I've grown choosy: people good for me.
And I spose cutting people situations out is a (radical) form of that too:
There'll always be a point where nice peopling gets too much (in my case half an hour for most people).
And cutting can be literal in a situation - inside of seconds a wave 👋 without farewell or explanation.
For me the way to "cut it" in time was/is to cultivate the tender plants of my body sensation and my self-care.
I'm practicing this every time you see me going into lengthy symptom/trigger analysis and on my daily blog.

Last edited:
Awww that’s so sweet, yes was only supposed to have two cats but had a brother called jasper his sister called cheeky and she got pregnant and I ended up looking after her and her four kittens Bart, Sophie, Yuna and Lucy so now they are our family 😍

Awake again 4am and feeling lonely anyway hi! I’m Tracey from Wales uk have CF5 and fibromyalgia been chronically ill since 1997. Can be very lonely existence only have husband to talk too so I hope we can share our frustrations and help each other x
You've been sick for a long while 😔. Don't worry about having someone to talk to anymore - you've got quite a few of us here! Little FYI: your newest posts may not always be displayed early in the feed so if you don't see an answer give us time to find your posts 😁. We are here and you can't escape us now 🙃. Welcome to our forum fam 🥳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back