Sarah fahey

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
UK
Hi all,

iā€™m Sarah, new to the group and diagnosed in November 2019.

currently taking amitripyline for the pain and tiredness and although I think I have a long way to go (unable to work) Iā€™m slowly starting to feel better.

my question is has anyone elseā€™s stomach bloated to the point they seriously look pregnant? Iā€™M taking pro biotics, following a FODMAP diet and drinking smoothies with fresh turmeric to reduce the swelling, anyone else had ibs like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated šŸ˜€
Thanks
Sarah

Yes Iā€™ve had 2, last year I was a trim 10/12 now Iā€™m a 16/18 and I feel a lot of that is just bloating.

Hi Sarah

Iā€™m also a new member.

Yes, I went through the pregnancy appearance last year not knowing what was happening. I also had other GI symptoms. After my GI tests, I was told that I have IBS and to try the FODMAP diet and remove gluten from my diet to see if that helps. I try and incorporate the Mediterranean diet and cross reference it to the FODMAP diet. Iā€™m still struggling with my weight (gained 25 lbs. last year), but my GI systems have improved.

H

Hi Sarah,
I have this same problem. My stomach is distended and feels hard. My belly (below) is soft like normal. I've just seen a GI doctor. I'm going to ask him about it. I'll let you know what he says.

Hi, yes, my stomach is horribly bloated. No more jeans! I follow FODMAPS but am also trying to reduce salt and drink more water to see if that helps. Keep us posted if you find anything that helps x

Hello, I'm new. I have yet to be "formally" diagnosed but I have all the signs and symptoms with this (protruding belly) issue. It seems that no matter what I do, it doesn't go away (even in the slightest). My question is, is this considered "normal" with "Fibro" and is it something we're just going to have to "live with"? It sure doesn't help with one's self esteem, that's for sure.
Ty, Dorey

Hi Dorey,
My issue is I have gained 20 pounds since I started taking Lyrica. Yep, I have a big ā€œmid sectionā€ because in my case, Lyrica makes me hungry!

I'm taking Effexor. It's like a "multipurpose" pill for me. My body/ mind have been under "construction" for the last two years straight. It's hard to "get a grip" on everything especially when fighting with Fibro everyday too. Ugh

Are you bloated all of the time or does it worsen after eating? There is a condition called SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) that can cause these symptoms. Just a thought that you may want to look up and see if it may be a possibility.

Hi all,

iā€™m Sarah, new to the group and diagnosed in November 2019.

currently taking amitripyline for the pain and tiredness and although I think I have a long way to go (unable to work) Iā€™m slowly starting to feel better.

my question is has anyone elseā€™s stomach bloated to the point they seriously look pregnant? Iā€™M taking pro biotics, following a FODMAP diet and drinking smoothies with fresh turmeric to reduce the swelling, anyone else had ibs like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated šŸ˜€
Thanks
Sarah

Oh my goodness; in answer to your looking pregnant i can totally understand. Iā€™m taking 50 mg. of Lyrica twice a day. My appetite is totally out of control. Iā€™ve put about 20 pounds on because I have a voracious appetite. So i too, look very pregnant. Itā€™s entirely annoying!

Yes Sara, I've had this issue since my teens and I'm in my late 40s now. Was diagnosed with IBS many many years ago. I followed the diets, I did everything and nothing worked. I know what I can and can't have now and I've learned to live with the bloat but still don't like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back