MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
Can I just moan a bit about how tired I am? I am just ridiculously tired today. I really need to take a nap, but I have a toddler, so I'm holding out until noon so I can take a nap with her. All I want to do today is stare out the window and veg out.

I don't know what I'm going to do when she gets older and doesn't need a nap. I'm going to be suffering on days like this without that sleep during the day.

You can always hire a home help aid when your daughter is a little bit older. Or get a maid to do the strenuous stuff around the house. Hopefully you will be so educated on pain prevention by that point that you will have mastered this affliction and know exactly how to medicate when you need it the most. One suggestion is to have the parents of your child's friends do the driving when she and the friends want to do social stuff.

You can always hire a home help aid when your daughter is a little bit older. Or get a maid to do the strenuous stuff around the house. Hopefully you will be so educated on pain prevention by that point that you will have mastered this affliction and know exactly how to medicate when you need it the most. One suggestion is to have the parents of your child's friends do the driving when she and the friends want to do social stuff.

The driving thing is a great idea! Driving really takes it out of me. I've tried to explain that to people, but I don't think they understand.

I don't know that a maid or home help is feasible for us. I guess if it gets bad enough I can have one of my fiance's relatives or mine watch her so I can relax for a few hours.

Thank you for the suggestions!

The driving thing is a great idea! Driving really takes it out of me. I've tried to explain that to people, but I don't think they understand.

I don't know that a maid or home help is feasible for us. I guess if it gets bad enough I can have one of my fiance's relatives or mine watch her so I can relax for a few hours.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Yes, driving is one of my biggest sources of stress. I really, really hate it. I plan on sharing driving responsibilities with the parents of my daughter's friends. There is no way that I am going to be her driver as well as her friends' driver. It is a responsibility to be shared by all parents. Dont' let yourself fall into the trap of being the chauffeur. You are welcome for the suggestions!

It is nice to hear I am not the only one with driving stress. I don't mind so much around town because my trips are short and I can get home to rest. But I really hate out of town trips, especially ones that include doctor visits and driving in heavy traffic. I try to plan my appointments in the late morning or early afternoon hours so I am in and out before people are getting off work or the school buses are rolling. Talk about stressful, when drivers are taking chances and not paying attention to the road.

Then there are the deer to watch out for. Seems they love to burst out of the woods from behind the bushes. I think they plan to use bad curves on purpose, just to scare me. I really don't like to travel much if I am the driver, it is so nerve racking. How about you? :)

It is nice to hear I am not the only one with driving stress. I don't mind so much around town because my trips are short and I can get home to rest. But I really hate out of town trips, especially ones that include doctor visits and driving in heavy traffic. I try to plan my appointments in the late morning or early afternoon hours so I am in and out before people are getting off work or the school buses are rolling. Talk about stressful, when drivers are taking chances and not paying attention to the road.

Then there are the deer to watch out for. Seems they love to burst out of the woods from behind the bushes. I think they plan to use bad curves on purpose, just to scare me. I really don't like to travel much if I am the driver, it is so nerve racking. How about you? :)

I used to love driving when I was young. It was such a freedom and it really served as a joyful experience. After about 10 years of driving I started to begin to feel differently. It became stressful and annoying. I've been driving for about 18 years now and I absolutely hate it. It's not just the cost of gas. It's the other drivers! They're terrible a lot of times. No matter how safe I am it is meaningless because other divers ruin the experience. I also try to plan my driving around the flow of traffic. I hate driving in heavy traffic. I am in upstate NY near you Sweed so I know about the deer. They are all over my street. They run across the streets here right in between the cars. It's insane.

We also have that problem with the deer. In fact, both of my fiance's sister-in-laws have hit a deer within the last year. We have a roaming pack of deer that live in the woods surrounding my home. Actually, it would be better to call them a harem, because it's one buck and a bunch of doe with their fawns. The buck actually charged me one time because one of his ladies was trying to hop across my yard and I interrupted her. We also had a yearling this summer that was just hanging out in the backyard. If it weren't for our dog, my fiance was convinced that it probably would have just came right up to us.

I actually hate driving. It's a little painful, especially over long distances. I get very sore from sitting in such an upright position for so long. It also takes a lot of energy and concentration. Driving sucks the energy right out of me. My fiance is the main one that drives. I only drive if I have to.

I hear you sister! I'm 9 months pregnant and my fiance always feels the need to wake up at the crack of dawn for absolutely no reason at all since we both work from home now. Plus, we have such a huge family that if you plan on sleeping past a certain time, you'd better get some earplugs and a lock on the door! All I want to do is sleep and sleep and sleep before the baby gets here and I can't anymore. :(

MizzDeeDee, I'm sorry to hear you feel so tired lately :( It really sucks to have this kind of feeling, and not be able to sleep whenever you feel like it. I also find driving to be really stressing, it's funny how fun and amusing driving used to seem when was younger, lol! I feel specially stressed when I've to drive with someone else's kids on board... so much stress as responsability!

By the way, what about daycare? I'm not a big fan of it, but sometimes it's really necessary!

Do you have any family and/or friends that could help out? I can't imagine dealing with the exhaustion that fibromyalgia brings and being unable to sleep, as you want to keep your toddler safe. I only managed 3 hours sleep last night and feel completely useless today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back