trayne91

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I noticed the last week or so I have been feeling better. My pain level is down from an average 7 to a 2-4. Thinking, the only thing Imhave done different is I started making gallons of sun tea again. I usually make tea on the stove by boiling and use about 4 bags for a gallon. I bought the lipton green tea new flavors. I tried green tea with acai and dragonfruit and now I have green tea with superfruit. I think the green tea is what is helping. I dont know anything else Ive done different. Bad part, my anxiety is worse. Is it stress, humidity, rain, or the tea? Dont know. Just read green tea can calm anxiety but too much can cause it because of the caffeine, I think. I have never noticed caffeine making any difference in symptoms, though. Stopping coffee did nothing. Have a soda, which I dont do often, does nothing. If the tea is helping for me, I would be soooo happy as I have been in a lot of pain. Did I finally find something that helps ME? I know my supplements dont seem to do a darn thing. Im going to keep making gallons and see what happens as time goes by. Fingers crossed.

Hi there! Glad to hear green tea is helping! To be honest this is the first time I hear of something like that before, but I guess many folks avoid it because the caffeine. I tried drinking green tea in the past, but it was affecting my sleep patterns. Glad to hear you are having better luck.

Yep, we will see if that is it. You can buy decaffeinated. I Google "green tea fibromyalgia" and there is a ton of references to it helping, including studies. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Then, again. Maybe it's the super fruits in the flavored package or the mix?

I drink gallons of tea a week. Sometimes white and green tea together. I do feel slightly better when I drink tea, but that could be due to my blood pressure problems. I mostly drink black tea. I'm going to try the green tea only and see how it works. Today was the first time I heard about green tea associated with pain management. It is worth giving a try because so far all my pain medication is not working. I had jaw surgery earlier this year, for some reason, I have been getting random pain there as well, like my face is numb then the next moment breaking. Anything is worth giving a try, thank you for the information.

It's good that you feel as though you've found something that is helping you - that's half the battle sometimes, and it can be a lot of trial and error. You will have to keen an eye on your symptoms, and if you feel that you're getting more anxious, perhaps cut down on the amount of green tea that you're drinking. But it depends on how you feel about it. If you think, for example, that you can cope with the anxiety because it means that you don't have as much pain then you might find that it is still worth it for you. You could probably find de-caff green tea somewhere as well, although having said that, I don't think I've ever seen it. But it might be worth having a look because it could solve your problem.

I have anxiety so what do you think is making your more anxious ? Is there caffeine in the tea ? I would like to start drinking tea. I suffer from chronic fatigue ? Has it helped boost your energy levels ?

There is caffeine in some teas, but look on the label for decaffeined. many brands made it that way as many more people are asking for it. Try a health food store if your local stores don't carry it. :)

I don't like the taste of green tea but it helps me a lot to relieve me from stress. Good thing that it helps you too.

Yeah, the green tea flavor is not the best, it's kinda fishy, but hey, face it like a medicine, it's healthy and it makes you feel better so who cares that is tastes like fish right?

Green tea is amazing. Sometimes it makes me feel a bit too calm if you know what I mean. But it certainly helps for brain fog and pain to an extent. Also the caffeine content is not worryingly high. A little bit for a small boost, but you wont get green tea headache.

I never knew that green tea had caffeine... What about gingko biloba tea? I've heard that it's really good for the brain, but most likely it doesn't help with the pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back