Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
I am 26 years old and I have a 6 year old daughter that is my world. Right after my daughter was born in 2007 I was in a very bad car accident with her father/ my fiance, neither of us were wearing our seat belts so he went through the windshield and passed away instantly. While i was unconscious and life flighted to a hospital, waking later with one severely broken collar bone and one dislocated and not fixable. My face was also pretty messed up, the whole right side was swollen and bruised with a black eye and all. I had a big cut above my eye that my family later said was big enough to put their fist in... and a big cut under my chin that i was told if it had been any lower it would have cut my jugular. I was very lucky to be alive... I have bad PTSD in cars. Its all getting worse. Last December i had to have surgery to remove a pretty big lump very painful lump in my pelvic area that was Endometriosis, it had been getting worse since around 2008 but now that pain has gone away pretty much. But my pain is starting to get worse and its all over my body. Ive had MRI and X-Rays that dont show anything. Ive been to the hospital twice now for parts of my body going numb after it hurts really bad in that spot for a while. The first time was my whole left side about 3 years ago and i was crying in pain and they made it seem like i just wanted drugs and I am the last person thats going to waste my time at the hospital when i dont have to, they said it was a pinched nerve that should go away by itself... and just a few weeks ago the upper part of my back and my neck started hurting really bad for like 2 days and then it went numb from that area down my arms to my pinky and ring fingers. Ive went to a neurologist since then and i have to go get more MRI's on my whole back.. I am scared they aren't going to find anything and im still not going to know whats wrong. Ive read that with fibromyalgia it causes lots of weird pains and that things like annoying sounds can be a trigger... If something repeats itself over and over again and wont stop, no matter what it is, a person, radio, alarm, dog barking it makes me CRAZY... I have to plug my ears and tell myself its ok so i dont stress out cuz stress makes my pain worse. Also i cant concentrate & my hands have started shaking when i get upset and something stresses me out. And Ive never really had the energy anyone else has... im always tired, No matter how much i sleep when i wake up all i want to do is go back to sleep.... Ive been on pain medicine, muscle relaxers, & Naproxen since 2007 after my accident but my pain is just getting worse everyday and no medicine makes it ever completely go away. My family doesnt understand and I dont know what to do..:cry: Please can someone tell me what you think...

Well the only way you can know for sure is by going to a doctor that knows about fibro, you could try looking up a rheumatologist many of them are familiar with fibro and can rule out some other problems for you. Your story sounds very similar to others that I've heard though so fibro would not surprise me at all! Sorry you have had to go through all of this, one of the hardest things about fibro seems to be just getting people to believe you... The great thing about the internet though is that we can all connect and we can google our doctors. ;) I don't know if they have anything on here (I just signed up) but there is a group on facebook that has a list of "fibro friendly" doctors!

Hello and welcome to the forum. With your bad accident and surgeries it is possible for scar tissue to develop or other spinal issues or diseases. But also your PTSD, and often the anxiety and stress that comes with that from constantly being afraid and alert to danger could be causes pain and stiffness in your neck and back, which in turn could lead to fibro being a part of your health problems. I am saying "could" because it is best to leave it up to your doctor's to diagnosis your condition.

As far as your PTSD, are you seeing a mental health therapist? If not I would seriously consider going, as they have relaxation and stress relieving treatments to help calm your nerves and even sometimes totally get rid of the fears from your accident and cure the PTSD. Please read the section on alternative methods and in the pain section. The best therapists know a treatment called EMDR, you can do a web search to read about it. It is a way to help people move on and lose their fears after bad accidents or even childhood traumatic experiences, or any experiences that cause PTSD. I can recommend it as it really helped me.

Take time and read old and new posts on the forum and join in answering or asking more questions. We are glad you are here and please come back often. :)

Hi there! I'm so sorry t hear you had to go thru all that and until now you are suffering... that's awful! I hope you can find some relief soon. I really think you are doing the right thing by getting all those MRIs, you might want to go see a rheumatologist and get an accurate diagnosis. The only way you can know for sure you have fibro is by seeing a good rheumy! See how it goes with the trigger point test and the sleep test. Other diseases like Lyme, Lupus and MS should also be ruled out by your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back