Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
Hi all. I am new here. I have been thinking that I have fibromyalgia. I went to my new primary care (nurse practitioner) and told her that I thought I had it. She sent me for blood tests (all normal but sed rate was on high side) and that was that. I asked for a rheumatology referral and she gave me a hard time. I had to fight for it. I called the rheumatologist and the secretary gave me a hard time. She said my PCP had to call and set it up. My PCP didn't even want to give me the referral let alone make my appointment. I admit I gave up after that but I'm still in pain. I've been in pain for probably 10 years and just cope with it but I'm getting fed up and need help. I'm 50. Maybe you can help me figure out if it's fibromyalgia:

1 - My mom had it.

2 - My joints and muscles all over my body are always sore and painful. I can't do much without straining myself and then suffering the consequences of that. I have a hard time going up the stairs and thinking of buying a single level house!

3 - I have severe pain much of the time at the back of my neck high up just above my hairline. This is the worst. The hip and back pain is also pretty bad.

4 - I have rhinitis - I'm always congested. All year round.

5 - I have gastro issues.

6 - I have struggled with depression and anxiety. I am better with medication.

7 - I have a hard time getting to sleep and it has gotten worse over the past ten years. I am always exhausted.

8 - My memory is getting worse. I feel like it affects my job. I work part time because honestly I can't handle a full time job between the pain and my forgetfulness. I am not myself anymore.

Your thoughts would be great. I feel like nobody believes this is a real thing. Thanks for reading.

By the symptoms you may have it...best to see a rheumatologist.

Obviously none of us here can diagnose you. That being said your symptoms sound pretty textbook fibro. My mom got diagnosed at the same age I did, 45. There's definitely something familial going on. I think it's worth pursuing. You might need a new primary provider, one that believes in fibro. Once I mentioned my moms diagnosis and my symptoms my primary doctor was all about diagnosing me. I fought it...why bother when no cure was my thinking. He convinced me they can treat the symptoms so I got my diagnosis 6 months later. Still looking for answers and relief but at least this beast has a name.

Btw I also am an allergy/rhinitis sufferer. I've often thought that link with fibro is interesting. I'm considering some additional Indepth allergy testing in hopes of removing any food triggers. I dabbled with elimination diet but there are some foods that are delayed reactions so hard to be definitive. I hope you find some answers soon.

I'm sorry. Sounds like a good possibility. A good doctor is key

Sounds like it to me .but as ppl have said u need to ask your dr.

Sounds like a new Dr. is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back