Not open for further replies.

tbliss

Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
I went to this lady who is also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but is not living in the pain and all the other crappy symptoms that come along with it. She works now with people like me and I walked in completely thinking another crack head who does nothing looking for money.

First I sat down and she started out with saying I am blunt and to the point and I cannot fix you, I can offer you tools, techniques, skills, and perspectives that can lead you to what you want but it is your choice what you do with them. I was taken aback.

We went through my personal problems, the stressors, physical, mentality and at the end okay now what. She started with first we need to find balance before we add anything, get rid of the ups and downs and the triggering of flare ups and we move from there. you will deal with everything mind, body and spirit and it is harder to get healthy than to be sick but if you want it I can help.

She said go home think about it decide what you want to do, if you want to proceed I will send you a few things to do and we will move on from there. When I said okay I received information that made sense actually for people for me with Fibro and over the last two months I have learned about energy, exercise, the affects of negativity, putting in place decisions so I don't make them from the pain. I have not had a flare up in a month, and the pain is subsiding and my energy is increasing. She is not about taking away all you love, she is about healthy and living a lifestyle not a diet, or program that you do not want to do and what will not be simple, easy and fit into your life. It was an amazing concept and it works, at least for me.

She is a bit pricey $40 per session, I think she does help out on that not sure overheard her talking to the yoga instructor (don't think I was supposed to hear it). But if anyone is interested I would check her out, and also she does workshops that are a lot cheaper but you do not get the customized plan, just the basics but you can customize them and I think she tells you how to.

I am sorry if I was not supposed to post here.

Your welcome to tell us about your experiences, but no links are allowed on this forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing :) It sounds quite interesting, I've met a lot people who claims they can cure you, but I haven't been lucky so far :( I'm going to try something new... maybe a naturopath! I'm afraid to do down this path tho, there are a lot people out there trying to scam people like us. I'm glad you found something that worked out for you tho :)

As the link is not allowed. Could you describe more specifically what she provided for you? I know you said a few things, but they were pretty vague. I'd obviously be interested, since you've had so much success.

I have a feeling this person posted only to advertise for this other person. I would suggest you try and find someone in your own area that you can research and find out about. Many good massage therapists and naturopathic doctors exist and can be found by web searches and word of mouth. Just because someone claims such great success, not not mean it is true. Anyone who posts an ad is usually getting paid to do so.
Please be careful in choosing people to help you with your heath conditions. :)

I'd actually love finding a good naturopathic doctor... :) It would help me a lot with my other health issues! Not sure about fibro tho, but I'm just tired of the ''average'' medicine. By the way, I think it was a good call... I mean, at first I thought it was just a new poster wanted to share her/his great experience with this person, but look... it seems this person just wrote this message and never came back. Bet she/he never expected you'd delete the link :p

I went to this lady who is also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but is not living in the pain and all the other crappy symptoms that come along with it. She works now with people like me and I walked in completely thinking another crack head who does nothing looking for money.

I'm afraid that my estimation is that your first thought was correct and it was about someone making quick money off desperate people in pain.

So why do I say that? Because you didn't say anything here that any of us didn't already know (get rid of stress producing things, watch the diet, research, etc.) and frankly I'd much rather have that $40 for my groceries or a new sweater. And that's per session. With just 5 sessions, I would have saved $200 instead of giving it to someone who's telling me things I could have and most likely already did look up on the Internet.

Trellum,
A great place to look for or find out about naturopathic doctors, is in good health food stores. Sometimes they are even allowed to practice through such stores or even own the stores. I read someplace that these types of doctors are not noted in TX, but by doing a web search for naturopathic doctors you can find a website dedicated to the practice. While there is no sure bet you can find one there it might give you a direction in which to look.

In my area there is a nice health food store and the owners are naturopathic doctors. And they have a person who does massages in their building. So it might take some looking around and asking questions and advice, to find a person in your area that you can trust.

Making decisions from pain causes more problems and issues. That then can cause more pain. It is a vicious circle that can go on and on and on. I think this person you saw is pretty smart to be able to look at it that way. The real trouble is getting to the place where you are not making decisions out of pain. In fact, making decisions that way can become too familiar.

It sort of creates patterns which go on and on. Changing the patterns of the self is not easy. In fact, it is really hard. Making change happen when in pain and suffering is another problem. I know it can be done, but that sort of healing takes a large commitment from the self. I try to make choose to move away from pain, but sometimes the depression grips have me. I suppose that is where the negativity comes in.

This is very much like what my rheumotologist wants me to do. Four months to adopt a new lifestyle. Pain management, exercise - especially core strengthening, diet and work that will fit for me. I do energy work myself and I do understand where they are coming from with positive energy and releasing negative issues. It seems like it is just a step or two more advanced than us going at it alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back