Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2005
Country
US
State
ID
HI! I'm sprirling out of control!:-( As the Dr.s Here do not know how to treat me and so they are taking the medications away for fear of the side affects! when I've been on theem for years! and now I'm on cold TURKEY! Any suggestions?

First of all, hello and welcome!

Second, even though most doctors don't have a clue about fibromyalgia and chronic conditions, they should know that they need a good reason to take you off meds, especially without weaning. So do you have negative side effects? Are the meds conflicting with each other in a way you can tell? Personally, I would get another opinion on this, or at least find a doctor who will wean you.

Have you seen naturopath? I have only had luck with my naturopathic doctor, and I saw a lot of doctors, and if you are about to have a fresh start from meds, it wouldn't hurt to try!

Bren,
Welcome to the forum. Does your insurance aloud you to see any doctor you want too, because if it does I think you should find a family doctor whom you can trust and rely on, and then get a referral to see a rheumatologist. This type of doctor can then test you for RA and Lupus, Lymes and mostly Fibro, and manage your meds safely. I have never heard of doctor's that would think of letting a patient go cold turkey off medication, unless and only unless, they thought you were addicted to them. But even in that case would they not offer an alternative medication?

While your here read through the pain section, as well as, the alternative topic and see if some of the coping skills and ideas, might lessen your pain a bit. I am sure other members will offer some help and support as well. Good Luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back