I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddiea

I've now been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia I was put in diazepam but wen I woke my hands seemed to be stained brown and was short of breath went to hospital as they thought I might have a clot, I've stopped them now I'm I'm on pregabalin and it seems to be helping my pain I'm just hoping it's not them causing my breathing problems I seem a bit better today, are pregabalin good as I was on ampatripline before but it wasn't touching it. I'm just a little concerned as not use to taking tablets

Hi Maddiea. Any time you suspect you are having a bad reaction to a medication it is best to seek medical advice. some people are very sensitive to drugs, and for those people it is hard and occasionally even impossible to find one that will not set off a reaction. Any time you are having breathing problems is time for a doctor right away.

To answer your question about is one as good as another: This is different for everyone, so the question doesn't really have an answer. There are a lot of people on this forum and some say this one helped them but others say that same thing caused horrible side effects or did nothing for them at all. What works is only what works for you, and unfortunately that can only be determined by trial and error.

Personally I like to encourage people to avoid pain medication as much as possible. Just in case you have not already read it, check out my post on things that you can do for yourself without using pain medication. I learned all of what is in that post on my own, because I did not want to take medication every day and so I started experimenting. What is in that post is the result of two years' worth of discovery. Start trying things out, experiment, and find what helps you, and you may find that medication is not necessary or at least not as often. If you have questions, feel free to ask. And others here will chime in with their experience as well - that's what we are here for.

Many thanks I even tried for pip and wasn't given one point and so many things I cannot do crazy

Hi....I don't know what you mean by pip.

Ah, thanks for that info.
Here, it would be SSI disability and it is very hard to get that for most people unless they have one of the obvious disabilities.

Ah, thanks for that info.
Here, it would be SSI disability and it is very hard to get that for most people unless they have one of the obvious disabilities.
Osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic thrombocytopenia, asthma and severe anxiety been a few years now, and still no points crazy.

Osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic thrombocytopenia, asthma and severe anxiety been a few years now, and still no points crazy.
That's discouraging. I just went back to work after 2 weeks of medical leave after a nervous breakdown. Seriously considering retiring.

Not good I might have to at this rate, sometimes I find it so hard to go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back