Not open for further replies.

twiztc

Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
In my opinion, one of the worst symptoms of this bloody illness.
Its the most disruptive,not to mention uncomfortable, painful, nauseating.
Its the main thing that can bollocks my hole plan for the day.
Today is my day off. I go swimming at 7:30am. I had planned to troll some shops and get some errands run when i got the telltale dull thud down below. I luckily made it home where I could do nothing else but sacrifice my inside to the porcelain god (it has to be a god coz a goddess i hope would be kinder to me) for best part of two hours. My whole day complete screwed ...again...coz of this stupid thing that doctors cant make up their minds about and we wallow in a limbo life trying to figure out what no-one else can seem to do!
Im not usually one of life's complainers (well not about myself just the rest of the world) I do my best to make the best of what I've got. I still work, i still look after my house and the people around me so why do i feel like im constantly being punished?
I must have been a real b'stard in a previous life:cry:

Its the most disruptive,not to mention uncomfortable, painful, nauseating.

:cry: Sure wish there would be some words of wisdom that would make a difference, but I know there aren't. I'm very sorry to hear that you're having one of those super lousy days and yes, I know that it often feels like a punishment.

Have you found anything at all that will give a little relief? I know that even diet isn't a sure thing because what one sufferer can eat constantly sets off an IBS attack in another and everyone is basically on their own finding out what triggers and what's safe. Actually even *that* changes.

Are you dealing with fibro as well as the IBS? :sad:

Yes, Fibro, arthritis, herniated disc. The foods that set me off changes. Years ago it was cheese only cooked cheese, milk, ice-cream, then for a while it was weetabix. Just when I figure out my main enemy is, it will switch it up. I'm on codeine, I know that helps coz when I'm out of it I suffer big time. But I've picked myself up a bit from earlier... I don't like feeling sorry for myself, so mental kick up the bum time.

twiztc,
You did the best thing you could concerning your feelings about your IBS. You vented about it and did a very good job of explaining what the problem was all about, and doing this cleared your mind of the negatives so a few positive thoughts could slide in. The mental health doctors encourage use of journals to write down thoughts. Just putting pen to paper and clearing the anger out can improve your mood. But twiztc, you shared it all with us and felt much better knowing your friends were thinking of you.

This is what makes a good forum work. :)

Thanks Sweedy. Didn't know that about the menal health thing, and I am, well, mental! Lol feeling much better today. Ok I know I drop off the grid from time to time but it makes me feel good to know I can always rely on you guys.

would you believe, its my day off and its like i have a carbon copy of last week. the difference I only have another hour for my guts to settle down and i have to go to my pain clinic doc for those trigger point injections. I may have to cancel it :((

would you believe, its my day off and its like i have a carbon copy of last week. the difference I only have another hour for my guts to settle down and i have to go to my pain clinic doc for those trigger point injections. I may have to cancel it :((

:( Well that totally stinks. I hope that you became settled enough to go for your injections. Do they seem to be a big help? How long are the injections intended to last until you need another?

it was my very first try for the injection jobby. i did have to cancel so now i will have to wait and find out till next time if they do anything.
ok so with this IBS thing im always being told to stay away from sugary stuff. so why is it a bit of chocolate cake and a coke settle my stomach right up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back