Kazee777

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2000
Country
UK
Hi Everyone
I ve had Fibro for 20 years,but this current flare up is the worse.I ve started having severe abdominal and cramping pains in abdomen,lower left side and groin area.The drs have given me spasmonal and buscopan but they don t help and spasmonal actually made me feel worse.Is anyone else suffering the same symptoms but coping better and on different medication? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I finally found relief from IBS with guanfacine after years, decades of suffering. I'm taking it for anxiety, along with citalopram. Guanfacine was originally developed for hypertension, but it's being used for ADHD and anxiety as well. It helps calm the fight or flight response. It's mentioned in The Fibro Manual.

I haven't found any medications to help but I have read "The Auto-Immune Fix" (on the advice of my doc) which is about healing gut issues through food and while I am only a couple of months in I definitely notice improved gut health already. I still have a long way to go but I felt within a month of making some changes (eliminating grains including gluten) there was a noticeable positive difference. My functional medicine doctor also put me on a lot of supplements which are probably helping, too, including B12 and B9, vitamin D3 and Omega 3's.

Hi Kazee, I don't have experience with IBS, so maybe I am no help. But have you tried researching this online? (Probably you have) I always find that whatever is going on getting the most information, form reliable sources of course, is helpful. Knowledge is power. There might even be a forum for people with IBS, and you could get info there. There's a forum for just about anything....... Best of luck to you.

Hi Kazee, I've always had IBSD (as opposed to IBSC) and a hyperacid stomach, incl. heartburn, reflux (GERD) and stomach burning, with symptoms exactly like yours, food intolerances, and needed to develop my own elimination diet which has come to leave off quite a lot of foods, esp. onion-like, minty, sour, spicy; careful with sugar & nightshades, so food from scratch, vegetarian, sometimes Hay-type diet (not 'mixing' proteins & carbs or dairy proteins with veg proteins). Additional diets like gluten-free or low carb didn't help. Now I've had to slightly adjust to a Mediterranean diet for cardiovascular reasons, so mainly unsaturated fats like nuts & canola oil, and (green) veg rather than fruit, complex rather than simple carbs.
No meds, since I don't tolerate most of them, make more problems elsewhere. For herbs I used Iberogast/STW5 until I realized that my stomach can't tolerate anything minty or ginger & similar things, but I've now found a herb mix, Gastritol, without it. That way I've managed to go without eating a small raw potato, which often helped the hyperacidity, but wasn't sure about the solanine. Not sure if my homeopathic Gastricumeel helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back