Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
Oklahoma
If I only knew that my Medicare Part D insurance Humana would raise my cost from $100 to $300 for my cost of Lyrica I would have stayed on Neurontin even though it was not effective on my really bad flare ups. I had no idea I would be going through withdrawals right now. Has anyone had the withdrawals from Lyrica? Constant freezing and sweating and nausea is horrible. I am currently back on Neurontin but can't seem to keep it down too well right now. Maybe I will get better soon. Never going back on Lyrica! But it did help my pain, so now I guess I will have to ball up in a knot and cry when that next horrible flare up comes back. Just got off a three week flare up that was horrific and was on my cane for the entire time. So I don't know, I will probably be begging form some Lyrica soon. Wish me luck. :sad:

I sorry you in withdrawal. I've been there.not fun at all. You needed to be weened of the meds.
Lyrica a is gabby. If the nerontin is not working/helping ween off it.
Try gabby instead. Much cheaper. Your GP should have told u about gabby and the withdrawal.

You need gabby and a new doctor. Sorry.

Gabby= pregabalin

Yes I did wean myself, really had no choice. I was running out so I started going down a little at a time to try to stretch really until I could get the pharmacy to fax over the prescription. Well I'm glad I did that because I probably would have been having way worse withdrawals if I hadn't. But I'm better now. I have been taking the Neurontin and it is helping a lot. I was on Neurontin before I was on Lyrica for like 13yrs, not for Fibro that long but for back pain and then Fibro, and it was not helping. But the Lyrica doesn't help for the really bad pain either, I have to take Percocet when that happens. So I don't know, sometimes I just don't know, I really hate drugs. But it seems like I am having to take the Percocet more because the pain is getting worse and lasting longer, and I didn't used to have to do that.

Thanks cmetryme

Most withdrawal will last anywhere from a week to ten days.its not nice at all.i had it coming of tramadol. There's not a lot u can do just take otc pain killers .hope u feel better soon x

No more pain, first I love the name!

You need to find what your triggers are. Stress and anxiety are two of them for all of us.

When you take your pain pill document the date and time and what you were doing for 2hours before you needed it. I use a daily planer for this.
It maybe something your eating or drinking. Document your pain levels. 1-10
10 being crying stomping your feet tippy toe pain. Show your planner to your doctor and
Argee on an acceptable pain level.(your best tool). You might try the blog here too. I've never done one here as I have way to much pain and medical problems. I don't want to scare people.
The planner will show you the number of days per month and days you have break through pain. You and your doctor can see if the med is working and for how long. This helps me prove that I have the pain, if the meds are working and for how long. Your dotor will be able to work off this to adjust the meds to get you to the agreed pain level. You won't have to go in and demand for meds. I hope I'm helping you here. I'm just trying to help you learn as I have been through it all.

Stay Strong and keep us updated cause we all care here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back