If You Wrote a Book, would it Be a Biography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivetoErr

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
Can
State
Alberta
If I wrote a book it wouldn't be an autobiography. I can't imagine anyone would want to read about my life. I got sick when was eight so my disease has, pretty much, been my life. The book would sound like a sob story; which isn't enlightening at all.

I've always wanted to write a book though. I just can't seem to make that step. I'm so good at starting projects and never finishing them. I wouldn't want a book to go into that unfinished pile too.

dorann

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Kentucky
I am a writer, I won't hesitate to say that. I even write some small anecdotes about my life. However, I really find that I thrive a lot more in fiction so if I was to write a book, it would be a work of fiction. I just don't think that my life is interesting enough to be a biography.

EHPrybylski

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NH
Man, at 28 if I wrote an autobiography it would be short, boring, and not have much of a lesson for people reading it. I think people my age, unless they have lived some kind of fantastical life, shouldn't probably be in the business of writing autobiographies!

links56

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
IL
I've had so many people tell me I should write a book about my life. It has been full of pretty crazy experiences, good and bad. It seems like I can't do one thing with out some crazy off the wall stuff happening that I always have to deal with. I'm just not a good writer, I can tell the story way better.

alexisfinch24

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
USA
State
Georgia
My novel would be a biography, actually. I am currently going through all of my journals from the first one to the one I am currently using. Trying to organize and, sort out the big moments of my life into an outline so that I will have a basic structure of how it will go before I start the first draft. Its going to be a tell all type of biography that I believe people will not be able to put down.

Tbird1977

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
Florida
I am actually editing a book that I wrote a few years ago, but never published. This book is an urban contemporary fiction. I love writing about relationships and the drama that comes along with them. I also touch on things that we see happening in the world today such as marriage, having babies, losing loved ones, sexually transmitted diseases, and so forth. I try not to be too graphic when it comes to sex and violence. Yet, I don't think too many people want to read a book without some type of sexual encounter vividly explained. I love putting my thoughts down on paper and forming characters and plots to go with it. It gives pleasure and takes me to another place where I am free to be whoever I want to be as I bring my characters to life. I wouldn't write a biography, though. It would be quite boring.

Determined2014

Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Nairobi
If I wrote a book, I would write a biography about myself, because I would not have to do any research, I would have all the information ready and it would be a story that I would love to tell.

mariee

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
PR
Not for me. If I published a book it would likely focus on photography. I'm more of a visual person.

kerin49

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
Uni
State
Oregon
I actually would like to write a biography about my life. If nothing else it would be very interesting to see what it reads like. I have had a very interesting and unique life, or at least it seems that way to me, and I have many things to talk about that might be entertaining for others to read about. I hope someday soon I will be able to start writing a book about my life , but life seems to always get in the way of starting my book when I really want to. I love writing in general and I have actually had poems published.

Tharper

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
USA
State
FL
That is awesome Kerin49, I think you should go for it! I always say I want to start a blog but never quite get to it. I say go for it!

wulfman

Distinguished member
Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
New York
I actually do want to write an autobiography. I've been through some stuff that I think people would find interesting and encouraging to read.

kerin49

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
Uni
State
Oregon
That is awesome Kerin49, I think you should go for it! I always say I want to start a blog but never quite get to it. I say go for it!
Thank you, I keep doing blogs too, but I am still trying to figure out the best way to do them.

angie51

Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
uk
State
Scotland
A biography? I do not think so. I have lead quite a mundane life (so far) therefore I know nobody would want to read about my life.

stardisgate

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
USA
State
Arizona
I write fiction. SO IF some of my writings became popular, I guess I can do an autobiography. But only after I become famous.

Jameson

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
US
State
Florida
Honestly I would love to create a horror story but not gore or anything bloody. More like very scary, atmospheric that would make people sleep with their lights up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.