Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
Does having Fibromyalgia affect other health condition more than if they never had Fibromyalgial? If someone has cancer, would that person be more stressful due to the fact they also suffered from Fibromyalgia? U know someone that has Fibromyalgia, and, so far she feels as if the condition would feel the same to her as of this moment.

Well, if I had cancer and fibro that would make me way more stressed, that's for sure. Not because of the fibro, but the cancer bit really adds a lot stress to the equation. Sadly I've met people who suffer from fibro and cancer at the same time. It's really awful and don't wish it upon anyone It really depends on the kind of cancer and how far along you are, to me having cancer even during the early stage sounds so stressful.

I know someone that had cancer, and,now was told it is all gone. Now the person has to take radiation for 6 weeks and take a chemo pill for 5 yrs.This person had crying spells all day. Could it be because this person stopped taking her pain pills due to the surgery? Can withdrawal cause crying spells?

Generally it is not the treatment that causes the crying spells, it is the depression of knowing you have cancer and even though it is gone now, knowing that it could come back. The treatments are like icing on the cake just adding to the worry and stress, and loss of life as you once knew it.
I had skin cancer on my leg and my mom had breast cancer. Just knowing you have this disease can be a shock and then struggling with the care of it and then all other worries of family and living make it hard to avoid the depression.

Please have compassion and understanding for your friend. Take time to listen and be there for her, that is the best gift anyone can give to a friend, be they have or had, cancer or fibro. :)

I know someone that had cancer, and,now was told it is all gone. Now the person has to take radiation for 6 weeks and take a chemo pill for 5 yrs.This person had crying spells all day. Could it be because this person stopped taking her pain pills due to the surgery? Can withdrawal cause crying spells?

As 1sweed said... it's mostly the depression that causes crying spells. When I was younger I was diagnosed with a kidney tumor, and let me tell you I stopped hearing everything the doctor said once he mentioned a large tumor in my left kidney. I couldn't hear or think anymore. A cancer diagnosis is the worst diagnosis you can ever get and totally change your life. The way you see it specially. I had crying spells because I didn't feel ready to face such a thing... specially my own death!

Thankfully it was just a mistake, a CT scan confirmed that. Sadly years later I sound out there is a big change that stupid abdominal CT scan could actually cause me cancer after one or two decades. Wish doctors were more honest about this kind of things...pricks. Discussing the risk of x test or treatment should be a must, but it's easier not to talk about it for them.

Thank you Trellum for your thoughts. Your words make alot of sense. Fibromyalgia does affect the body when anything comes against it in a negative way. I feel that family, and friend support are the key to feeling, and staying more healthy. Many people have Fibromyalgia and illnesses like cancer and are all alone. Everyone needs someone to be there for them. I always try to help friends, and family members whenever they need support. Supporting others during times of stress is important to the recovery of their health.

Jenny, yeah, it breaks my heart to think about all those who have fibro or cancer and are alone. I feel worse for those dying due cancer and are alone, since I think there is nothing more sad than being dying of something so awful and be alone. Since when you have people who care about you... well, they'll do your best to invite you places so you can stop thinking about your disease or at least visit you.

I know that because I've seen how much good it does to someone to be visited and have someone to talk with. I visited a terminal lung cancer patient back in 2010, he had a wife, but you could tell they loved the company. It was a distraction. I went thru something similar when they thought I had kidney cancer. Having moral support is so darn important. I think we should have a special program to help those patients who are terminally ill and alone.

In my experience with fibromyalgia I would have to say, yes. It does effect other conditions or at least it seems that way. But, in reality I think all diseases effect eacg especiallyvones that are as serious as what we have. Pain can drag you down into depression and, depression can lead to feeling bad and other types of sickness. So, I guess that does make it effect others. This is just my opinion. I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be well educated on this disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back