Not open for further replies.

Diamondgirl

Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NM
I'm a mom and my kids were 2 & 4 when I got sick: Now they are 10 & 12. They do not know the "real" me. They don't remember how I was. I had to stop carrying my two year old around back then and that is hard for a baby girl. I could no longer hold her. I am sad that the mom they got is this sick lady. I try really hard not to show that I am sick and I think I've done a pretty good job at that, really. BUT, I am not the mom I wanted to be and that makes me sad.

I am hopeful that there will be a cure for fibromyalgia. I hope it everyday. Hope is what keeps me going. It's too weird that so many people are sick with this and so very sad that young people are also being diagnosed. I am a strong believer that our food chain is responsible and I eat as healthy as possible, though it is very expensive. I take no drugs and manage my symptoms through diet. No GMOs, no gluten, no dairy, all organic. It doesn't seem right that in order to get healthy food you have to try so hard.

I have done incredible amounts of research and the best thing that I can share today is that gluten is a problem, and a healthy gut is a must. Without healing your gut, you will heal nothing, so start there.

I have so much locked inside me about this illness and I am here to get it off my chest. The biggest being my sadness over my kids getting a sick mom. It would be good for me to come back and share some more.

Thanks for listening and for this site!

Welcome! You are amongst friends here!

It is very hard to crare for children when constantly in pain... I know because I was 8 and my brother was 6 when my mom was hit head on by a drunk 18 yr old.... She was diagnosed with RSD, which is now called CRPS... It is similar to fibro.... It was difficult growing up knowing that mom used to be able to play with us, ride bikes, chase us around, etc... It took her a while to figure out what worked for her to help and not hinder her condition...... But i have always strongly admired my mother because she was the best mom she could be and any one could ask for. She still played with us, just differently... I had to grow up very fast and help with house work and taking care of my brother and mom..... To be honest, I wouldnt change a thing (except her pain....) because it made all of us so much stronger and closer. Now, at 25, I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia amongst other ailments due to a car accident...... And my bond with my mother is amazing, she is such a help, and she truly gets what I am going through.
I fear the day I have children because I won't be a "normal" mom, at least not in society's eyes.... But, I know if my mom could do it, I damn well can too.

Your children are blessed to have you as their mother. Because you are a strong woman. Determined. And you will give them a wonderful life. You always need to remember, you do the best with what you've got, and everything happens for a reason. And it is so true. Growing up I didn't know how true those clichés really were.....

Just because you can't necessarily ride bikes, or hike as far, or carry them around, doesn't make you any less of a mother than the next woman is. You've just got to find activities that work for you and your family.

I can proudly say, my mother is my best friend and the best mother I could have ever hoped for. Your children will say the same, now and later in life.

Keep your chin up momma! And we're glad you're here with us on this journey of fibromyalgia, we only pick the best of the best! Lol
:) :) :)

Anytime! If you ever need to talk or vent message me! That is funny your daughter and I have the same name. Maybe it's a sign lol!
They will always love you, fibromyalgia or no fibromyalgia, young or old, gray hair or dyed hair! Lol you're their mom and always will be! Just love them as much as your heart can and don't ever forget to tell them! :) we are all strong, whether we choose to see it or not. Maybe that's why we're the chosen ones to have this problem....

:)

I agree with you about the importance of a healthy diet. Gluten, and gmo's are big problems for me. They trigger migraines, and cause my gastritis to act up. I have cut them completely out of my diet. Fortunately, this does help my migraines. Unfortunately, it doesn't help my fibro symptoms. I don't understand why; I wish a healthy diet was enough to cure fibro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back