Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
Do I dare ask my dr for something other than cymbalta like valume.? I know in my heart they are not good for you , but the intensity I have lately is tremendous maybe because it's my Dad's birthday this month. He passed away 10 yrs ago.
Today has been awfull!,,, it's the noise. I can't take it! I feel like I want to put on a football helmet earplugs and bang my head on a wall.
Part of it is my husbands deaf and he won't wear hearing aids. We are so opposite. Good night I've had it!

Valium won't help with pain, but it can help for anxiety and stress, as well as muscle spasms. It is a benzodiazepine, so it can be nasty and is incredibly habit forming. It is best for short term use according to my old psychiatrist who I trusted with my life (literally). I'd talk with your doc and let him or her know what is going on in your life. Perhaps together you can come up with a plan for now and in the future. Hugs and take care.

moe, hang in there. we need you here with us to help folks through the day. use your log book and show the doctor. you dont have to ask to have to prove to him. id try the adderall first. get to the doc please. big hugs darlin.

Thanks I Really appreciate your reply. It really bugs me that there are so many peepers and not enough response, some letters read bud no response are over in the 3 digits of read but very few responses.
I feel like someone's just peeping into my business. I will try, as the Moderator said to encourage the non existent members, I just think after say 3 months they should have to Re register. But then I know there's always one in the crowd to complain. I'm trying not to
let it get to me.
It just creeps me out.

Hi Moe, I'm kind of in the same situation you are. I take Cymbalta as well and I am going to ask my doctor to increase the dose. I go see her tomorrow. I don't really know how familiar she is with Fibro. Do you find that too with the doctors? If they don't really know the disease, how can they treat us for it? I also take Nucynta 50 mg. I was actually taking them for something else but started taking 2 before bed. This at least lets me get to sleep. I'm going to ask her to increase those to 100mg and see what happens. All she can say is no right? If she does, I'm asking for her to send me to someone who can treat my pain and fatigue. Do you find your doctor is good for that? I just have a feeling finding someone to treat us is the hard part. The pain is real....it's very real. And so is the fatigue. It's hard to explain it to someone when you look fine.

I hope you feel comfortable to talk to your doctor about it. More than that I really hope that you will get something to help you cope. Don't give up.

Frankie

moe i totally understand what your saying about the peepers. my post with the metal reaction has 1000 plus views and no one seams to reply or even ask their doctor if they have heard of it.

We can only help the ones that want to be helped. remember some have a hard time just sitting up and reading. some cant type as it hurts to much.
we have to understand that we are helping all folks that come here.

if and when i feel im not helping the folks here anymore, i will move onto another site.

I want you to hear it from me. you are helping me and i know you are helping others here.
we have made some good friend here. i say friends as they understand us and they care/believe.

take care darlin!

Yes Moe you need to discuss how you feel and how the Meds do or don't do their job. I have a counseling background and feel I am well trained in dealing with others. My approach has been with my Meds that I tell the doctor how my days are good and bad. Then I ask her opinion on might you have any ideas on how to help me more with let's say sleep. I think if you just ask for more drugs its makes them feel not valued. Let them figure that out. It works every time for them to offer different combinations. When she has changed Meds I only get a 30 day and she insists I come back in which is good. I always tell her I so much appreciate helping me figure out all this. My appointments are always good with my doc she listens and likes to joke a little with me. I feel so blessed having her and hope she stays in my small town in Michigan. When I talk of her I am always positive, but my friends are not real positive about her since she is from another country. I just ignore that and say again if they ever need a Rheumotologist she is the best.

Sorry to wramble on, but please don not give up with the Meds. I compare them to a pizza, we all like a different combination on ours to make it taste good to each individual person and the same goes with the Meds

Chin up gal, you have friends here ,ask the Dr about different pain meds sitting in pain anit no way to live xxhugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back