Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ca., us
Is this a hobby? I;ve been into it since i was 8. I;m far from 8 now but like Ghost adventures and the dead files and ghost hunters

I do find it interesting to watch the shows about ghosts on television, but just watching paranormal shows doesn't make it a hobby in my opinion. Now if you were to take part in ghost hunting and things like that then I would say that it could be considered to be a hobby. Of course what I've said here is just my humble opinion.

I do find it interesting to watch the shows about ghosts on television, but just watching paranormal shows doesn't make it a hobby in my opinion. Now if you were to take part in ghost hunting and things like that then I would say that it could be considered to be a hobby. Of course what I've said here is just my humble opinion.

Hi. Actually, I have been exploring haunted places for awhile now. The last few months however, I've had a setback with many pain attacks and the me has been bad so I've HAD to watch it on TV but its more exciting catching EVP's (electronic voice phenomena) yourself and being with others who are like minded and trying to prove the same thing. I think the "into" ghosts wasn't thought out well before I typed it. Sorry. I looked at it and thought it looked kind of hoky. Investigating paranormal phenomena probably would have sounded better.

Investigating paranormal phenomena is interesting

I find that investigating paranormal phenomena is fascinating. Its fun to be with like minded people who are trying to prove the same thing.

I love stuff about paranormal activity. I think researching it, studying it and going on hunts is totally a hobby.

I wouldn't find it to be a hobby, but more so something you believe in. I am pretty open to the idea of paranormal activity and have had quite the experience when toying with that realm. Majority of the television series out right now are pretty cheesy to me and really feed off of people that have no idea what is really going on. It is all b/s to me when it comes to television, but I occasionally watch it for the entertainment factors.

Thank You for you comment about ghost hunting being a hobby and with some people it has become a career also. I wish I hadn't written that the way it sounds because I do think it sounds rather unusual. But if we all did normal things I think life would be so boring. I have a small, very small business on the side that doesn't pay very much but its something that helps when there is a bad attack or wave of symptoms. I suppose it could be considered a hobby though but I'm not so certain that a hobby can pay you. So yes, its the first one and is lots of fun. I've always been a person who wanted answers and asked questions which has come in very handy because I'm the one who, after 11 years of suffering kept searching for answers when most doctors couldn't be bothered. I discovered I have fm/cfs/me in 2008. After going through more doctors, found some that agreed with me and they're trying to give me the correct meds. But I keep searching for answers, new drugs and treatments and will never give up. If I'm cured perhaps I can obsess over my children or something else. The ghost thing is interesting. Its fun to go on locations, its scary but exciting and with the cards we've been dealt, its a big deal just to go out.

Last edited:
I wouldn't find it to be a hobby, but more so something you believe in. I am pretty open to the idea of paranormal activity and have had quite the experience when toying with that realm. Majority of the television series out right now are pretty cheesy to me and really feed off of people that have no idea what is really going on. It is all b/s to me when it comes to television, but I occasionally watch it for the entertainment factors.

Ok, I have also that's why I do it. I've always asked questions about things and will never stop. Yes, the tv can be "cheesy" but it takes days and days to do it too. Lots of waiting and you need to be very patient also. The thread sounds sort of weird, I know. But it asked me what my hobby was and I answered honestly. So, yes tv can be odd, unless you were able to see the unedited footage which is very boring. They show the interesting stuff. The stuff that grabs you. I think one of the reveals of the dead files was 6 & 1/2 hours long. They're never 12 minutes.

I absolutely love Ghost and any paranormal phenomenon. I love to hear ghost stories and ghost hunters is so interesting. I didn't like ghost adventurers, but I love ghost hunters.

I would say it is more of a calling, than it is a hobby, maybe there is more to it than you see, it could be that you are to shade some light to the world about the issue.

Yes, I know that's not a hobby, just watching the tube. We all have "good" periods and "setbacks". I do out out on investigations. There are so many places in Ca., Nev., Arizona too. It is during these setbacks or rough period that I "watch" the shows. I SO, wish I hadn't written that comment that way. If you know how to delete it, please let me know. Thanks BTW Disneyland is sooo haunted, I used to have friends who told stories about when all the lights are out (cause they change 'em every day) who talked about how strange certain areas are. These were different friends who over & over knew about happenings always in the same areas too. Alas, they'd self destroy themselves before letting someone investigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back