Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2005
Country
US
State
Louisiana
There are very many things about fibromyalgia that a doctor may not consider without a proper history. There are many psychological trauma disorders that can cause these symptoms and there are drug induced fibromyalgia symptoms as well.

I do domestic violence and substance abuse counseling so I am well educated on the subject of fibromyalgia and I was also diagnosed with it 10 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's sound wonderful, but most of the time I found my self getting worse after explaining my trauma to another person do to my ptsd ,MDD and PD . Every time I have to explain how I get this way I'll always ended up with full blown panic attack then the rest of the week is hell on earth once more. I usually have to tip toes about it not to alarm or allow my body to react cause even minor stress can either cause extreme situation or i'll just pass out for days. I can't force my body to do anything that it doesn't want as if there's me who's living logically and reason while my body is behave like an infantile. A battle between conscious mind and the subconscious mind. To the point of having to lie to my body just to avoid any emotion attack and pains. I can explain my symptoms for days but not the trauma behinds it. I want to but just can't . :cry::cry::cry:

I was diagnosed 2014, I know exactly where you are at. Please do this one thing "if you can, I beleave you can! Let go of other peoples exspectations of what you can, and can not do.
For myself, I did everything for everyone, now Im number 1. My needs HAVE TO COME FIRST. This goes against everything I was brought up beleaving. ( TO SERVE OTHERS).
If you need to stay in bed all day to recover from emotional overload, do it, but do it in peace, say to yourself...."this is necessary for MY well being.
Im a sensaive fibro, in otherwords, light , noise, negative vibes, Are all intollerable now. I USE to be able to (tolerate), but no longer. If you or anyone else reading this want some helpful drugfree personal advive, feel free to private message me.

I've been doing lots of what you said for years, it just how it is which I guess most fibro people are very similar. I've learn to borrow other people happiness and watch loads of tv shows to keep my mind busy ( I love documentaries ). From my research found that most neurologists think of FMS like the new set of brain with no off switch in many things not just pains. I became fascinated playing with the idea of finding how my new brain works. What to avoid and what to push. I learn to little by little erasing who I thought I was and cooking up a new persona so I can avoid explaining my self over and over. I also found that with my logic brain had already been through 5 stage of grief, but my physical brain is working backwards. Right now I'm doing the acceptance with my logic brain and feeding the deny to my physical brain. If I'm in the subway train about to get a panic attack and all my pain rising, I'll close my eyes and tell my self that I'm on the beach , while chewing gum to keep away from dry mouth and lie to my self that it was a Mojito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back