DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
VA
Hi,

I'm new here. I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I'm here get advice and see how other's cope.

Rachel

hi Rachel....welcome nice to meet you.

Hi there I've just joined. Please can I get advice?

I've just been granted a blue badge....I was granted enhanced care pip back at the start of the year (backdated to initial date) but nothing for mobility. I have just been granted a blue badge and was wondering if I should call dwp with change in circumstance to mobility to hopefully get even the low rate but I'm hesitating cos I've been told I could end up worst case even taking my care award of me?! Any help or advice out there? Thank you

Hi...yes that is the problem. They would definitely want a full assessment of your mobility as in all the questions on the PIP form answered again and possibly the whole case reviewed...so yes with a different assessor you could end up in a situation where your higher care is taken away.

In theory this shouldn't happen if you fill in the care part exactly as before......but I have also heard it is possible.

I don't know what the criteria for a blue badge is but is it the same criteria as for getting the lower PIP as far as distance you can walk and other mobility questions etc?

Has your mobility actually changed or would you be answering the mobility questions the same as on your original documents..in which case just having a blue badge wouldn't make any difference I don't think....I'm no expert though.

You could ask to see a benefits adviser at the citizens advice bureau. They are fully trained to help you.

It's a tricky one.

Rachel tell us a bit about yourself anytime or ask anything. I hope you are doing ok .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back