Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
7/2012
Country
US
State
il
just wanted to say hello to all the other members i dont know what to post yet but im a male 51 got diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7/2012 and im mostly in pain all the time :| but im getting treatment for the fibro at this time lyrica and pain meds bentyl for the ibs just been having alot of flareups lately and im trying to find what all my triggers are. the one that really does it is the rain and snow when that happens im bedridden during the rain/ snowstorms and that is only one of my triggers so if anyone would like to help me to find out all of my triggers that would be great i really do not know what to say but i would be happy to answer any questions that would help us to try to find the cause of this massive pain from fibro i just have a lot of symptoms going on at the same time that is just weird with this syndrome thank you for reading my post

Hi fibro man, Welcome to the forum, I'm fairly new here!

I'm only diagnosed 2 weeks ago so am new to fibro and very stressed with it all at the moment. I'm not going to be very helpful regarding the triggers as I don't know enough about it myself yet, only how completely dysfunctional I am with it too and the pain alongside the symptoms drive me crazy!

Sorry to hear of your suffering, this is a good site covering lots of different topics and I've found it really helpful so far and people understand what you are going through here.

Grace x

Welcome fibro man i have had fibro for 8 years but haven't noticed a link with the weather although i know it is a known trigger for many.

Have a read around the site and ask anything you want and share too. We are all in the same boat albeit that we all have different symptoms, triggers and levels of pain and fatigue.

Some do pretty well and carry on working others are less able. Its a hard illness to live with and we all understand the daily battle.

If you keep a record of weather medication taken activity stress levels etc you may see a pattern.

There is a good post about keeping a daily log on here somewhere if you have a browse around.

Hi Fibro man,
Welcome. I'm glad you found this site. I think its very helpful. I felt almost like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders after I joined. There are other people out there with the same kind of issues and I found that I wasn't crazy nor am I alone.

I agree with Willow that journaling is important although, for me, it can sometimes be depressing to do it - like when you have a flare that lasts a long time or you get lots of flares, one after another. Later, when I see my dr, I'm always glad that I've written things down. I still have those moments when I think, "Oh, I'll remember to write that down or I'll remember to tell the doc about that." But I should know better by now.
My brain is like a sieve. lol

City: chicago
State: il, USA
Diagnosed: 7/2012
Forum Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
fibro man is on a distinguished road

Question im new to this hello all this is fibro man
just wanted to say hello to all the other members i dont know what to post yet but im a male 51 got diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7/2012 and im mostly in pain all the time but im getting treatment for the fibro at this time lyrica and pain meds bentyl for the ibs just been having alot of flareups lately and im trying to find what all my triggers are. the one that really does it is the rain and snow when that happens im bedridden during the rain/ snowstorms and that is only one of my triggers so if anyone would like to help me to find out all of my triggers that would be great i really do not know what to say but i would be happy to answer any questions that would help us to try to find the cause of this massive pain from fibro i just have a lot of symptoms going on at the same time that is just weird with this syndrome thank you for reading my post

Hi Fibro man!
Welcome.
My symptoms are kind of a mess and I haven't been able to pinpoint enough real clear triggers myself. I do know that pushing myself too hard physically, and stress always makes everything worse, so I do my best to always avoid both. And I've noticed increased leg pain right before it snows, so you are in good company there. I'm new here too, but I'm finding that I'm learning more about my own symptoms by reading others that are like me. There's something about the validation that helps me not question myself and follow my gut. I hope you feel the same.
-sarah

hi fibro man. thanks for pointing out the weather connection; i suspected it but good to hear other people have the same. for me, it causes pain flare ups and makes the fatigue worse. maybe it's the light levels? i know light therapy helps me. other triggers for me are overdoing, which is a toughie; getting used to the idea of one to two naps a day, and at most an hour on a task before resting is a *****. i still tend to overdo and pay later. glad you stopped by; some really good people and information here.

Hi Fibroman,
I guess I didn't really answer your question. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in April of 2013. I started seeing a rheumatologist in April of 2012 but after a year, I was getting nowhere and his bedside manner was poor. I only stayed that long bc he was supposed to be the 2nd best rheumy in SWMI and I couldn't get in yet with the #1 guy. When I was able to get in to see THE best rheumy in SWMI, I transferred and he was the one who diagnosed me, right away.
Ok so 3 years later and I'm still trying to figure out what all of my triggers are. I know some of them.
* Stress
* High Humidity
* Precipitation ( I get extra pain about 2 days before and then usually once it starts raining, for example, that extra pain goes away)
* Over doing it
* Not getting enough sleep
* Alcohol
* Not exercising (I go to a pool with 92 degree water and do the exercises the physical/aqua therapist taught me)
* Repetitive Motion (Vacuuming, Typing, Sweeping, Mopping, Playing on my phone, etc...)
* Depression (I have "flares" of depression and I've noticed that I will also get flare ups/swelling on my scalp, in my knees, feet, and/or hands at
the same time)
* Forgetting things (causes small flare ups usually on my scalp)
* Being Late or Rushing Around so I won't be late (again, causes small flare ups usually on my scalp)
* Confrontation

That's all I can think of for the time being. Until listing them like that, I didn't know there were so many of them.

Peace :)

Oh yes, I have Alcohol as well. Also dehydration, caffeine, walking too much, going too long without eating/not eating enough protein, and not sleeping enough (which is cruel since the insomnia keeps me from sleeping)...... I think that's all I've found. I hope some of this helps, Fibro man.

Cheryl Ann, I try to walk and move when I can but I haven't noticed any difference. From everything I've read, it sounds like I should feel a difference. Do you really feel less pain when you exercise? physical therapy in a pool sounds so nice, I love the water but haven't been in a pool in ages.

ellabrighteyes, does your light therapy help your pain too, or is it just for your mood/metal health? I used to be so depressed but I've had such help from chines herbs. Winter is always harder though so I'm thinking of adding a light box to my routine this winter.... It's hard for me to follow through with new habbits these days though.

-sarah

Hi Fibroman,
I guess I didn't really answer your question. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in April of 2013. I started seeing a rheumatologist in April of 2012 but after a year, I was getting nowhere and his bedside manner was poor. I only stayed that long bc he was supposed to be the 2nd best rheumy in SWMI and I couldn't get in yet with the #1 guy. When I was able to get in to see THE best rheumy in SWMI, I transferred and he was the one who diagnosed me, right away.
Ok so 3 years later and I'm still trying to figure out what all of my triggers are. I know some of them.
* Stress
* High Humidity
* Precipitation ( I get extra pain about 2 days before and then usually once it starts raining, for example, that extra pain goes away)
* Over doing it
* Not getting enough sleep
* Alcohol
* Not exercising (I go to a pool with 92 degree water and do the exercises the physical/aqua therapist taught me)
* Repetitive Motion (Vacuuming, Typing, Sweeping, Mopping, Playing on my phone, etc...)
* Depression (I have "flares" of depression and I've noticed that I will also get flare ups/swelling on my scalp, in my knees, feet, and/or hands at
the same time)
* Forgetting things (causes small flare ups usually on my scalp)
* Being Late or Rushing Around so I won't be late (again, causes small flare ups usually on my scalp)
* Confrontation

That's all I can think of for the time being. Until listing them like that, I didn't know there were so many of them.

Peace :)
wow this fibro man i have been reading the posts and there is so many triggers that i have read from just 5 people so far and they/ we have the same symptoms and trigger points im really glad to find so many us the fibro people that we are. fibromyalgia just got its own icd 10 code so it might be good for us to prove that we have this condition for medical reasons i tire out so easy and have to rest most of the time but when i feel better i tend to overdo it within a hour im back to bed i want explain my story but im still putting it together so i make sure that each one is correct i could be in the middle of typing and just totally forget what im typing my concentration is not as good as it once was i really want to thank all of the people that responded to my first post if there is any questions that you have for me i will respond to all of the posts i feel really good being here im just not ready to explain my entire story yet im still trying to put it together my concentration is not as good as it once was so please bear with me until i can get it together thank you all for being here and listening to our fibromyalgia starting points so i need to rest now but i will be back out shortly after a nap got to take my pain meds which is tramodol 100mg 3 times a day and robaxin 1500mgs 3 times as well i take lyrica 75mg twice per day then i have a litney of sleep meds i take as well just to get me to sleep because since i was 12yrs old i have had sleep issues before the fibro struck me down i got diagnosed with diabetes in 2009 and at the same time hcv from a bad blood transfusion when i was born i never knew i had it until i got diagnosed with it in 2009 i went thru a years worth of the hcv chemotherapy in 2011 i took it for a year and came back virus free but there is a connection between hep c and fibromyalgia syndrome i suffered at the same time with the fibromyalgia during my hep-c treatment and the dr.s it took them three years to diagnose me with fibromyalgia and it has been such a rollercoster since i have tried anything you can think of to lessen my pain i take 12 diffrent meds a day just so i can barely get around and try to get some things done but it is tough for all of us im glad i have people like you to relate to about our fibro experiences thanks again for being here to help each other i just never knew there was so many people accross the globe with the same fibro issues that i have i feel like a weight has been lifted all because of this forum so im going to rest now be back out later to finish my story thank all of you for being here with me i feel i do not have to face this issue alone thanks once again :) i feel there is hope you people are so kind

I have that problem when typing too, fibro man. Sometimes it takes me forever to organize my thoughts for a comment. I'm so sorry you have so much going on at the same time. The days are long, aren't they?
-Sarah

Welcome to the forum, I thought you really like writing till I saw the double post :).dont worry I done it tons.
Well stick around as you can see we are a
Only to happy to try and help you out . Well catch up later school run .

Am so sorry you do seem to have so much on your plate fibroman. I hope connecting to people on here helps a bit. Take Care

Hi there, so sorry to read of your troubles. My daughter has extreme food intolerances connected with her f.b.and has to eat a very restrictive diet. She has massive reactions to many food and has a flare up when she gets it wrong, included in that is sugar, coffee ( very bad ) dairy, some meat and fish. You need to consider this I think.
Can you explain what medication you are on, please, I an not familiar with what you mentioned. Thanks

sorry for the duplicate posts this is my first time ever in a forum im just learning how to post and do it correctly thank you all for your support and everyone have a great day im having a fibro day in a lot of pain so im going to keep it short but im going to try to read thru this forum and post properly thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back