Not open for further replies.

momsalittleoff

Diagnosis
04/2006
Country
US
State
CA
Hi, I'm Peg and I was diagnosed several years ago. I also have diabetes related neuropathy, sleep apnea, psoriasis, and arthritis. I am a widow (lost my husband of 34 years last January to cancer) and I live with my 23 year old son who has high functioning autism. So you can imagine that my life can be a bit chaotic.LOL I am on social security benefits for disabled widows and am unable to work right now because I fall asleep at inappropriate times. Because of my fatigue issues, I don't drive.

In spite of my fibro, I lead a pretty active life. I walk a lot to help with my fibro and arthritis stiffness and I garden (I have a vegetable garden in the back yard and an herb garden in the front). I also knit and crochet and sell my finished items online to help supplement my income. I am also very active in my church and I volunteer at the Marine base near my home, working in the thrift shop there. I love pen pals, all kinds of needlecrafts, canning and cooking, and reading. I don't have a tv, but I enjoy puttering around on my computer.

I was in a wheelchair for a while, but gradually worked my way out of it through increasing my activity level a little at a time. I am currently not on any pain medications, though I took Gabopentin for quite a long time. I am taking vitamin B1 daily to help with my energy level. I go to the VA for my health care (I'm a veteran).

momsalittleoff,
Welcome to the forum. By the way I love your user name it made me smile. Hope your having a good day. I like your spunk and the fact you have stayed active regardless of your many disabilities. This will help you in the long run as long as you don't push yourself to hard. I am like you in doing crafts and a bit of gardening.

Anyways please continue to ask questions or answer other peoples posts. I think if you read a lot of the back posts you will find some helpful coping skills and have a chance to make a lot of new friends here. We try hard to be supportive and not judgemental, as we are all suffering from the same illness. And you know how fun fibro can be.

Count me as a new friend and feel free to post in any of the topics. See you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back