Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
manitoba
I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but ive had it for about four years probably. With my diagnosis, a whole lot of answers came, because I have basically all of the symptoms of fibromyalgia. But even though I have been diagnosed, it is hard for me to help my family and friends understand just what fibromyalgia is and how its effecting my body. I really don't have anyone in my life who knows what this is or how awful kt can really be. I do have a support system and I am not giving up, it is just very easy to feel alome when you have a disease that no kne can see. Id like a place to ask questions and recieve answers from people who understand what im going threw, so that is why I joined this group!

QUESTION: leately (maybe 3 weeks now) ive had a bad pain in my knees that wont go away, and its awfully hard to go up and down the stairs at school because this pain is so sharp, its not like anything ive ever had before. I really cant seem to explain it, but it feels like it is inside my knee, and when I walk or bend or run or go up or down stairs the pain is very sharp and it makes me not want to do these things! I asked my regular doctor and she said because it is effecting both knees, that it is my fibromyalgia. I am wondering if anyone has had this pain? It is all the time and it is really bothering me so id love to hear about any experience anyone has had with this type of pain, thank you very much! :)

Yes! I woke up one morning and it felt like I had been digging ditches for 24/7! BOTH my knees were just throbbing big time! But the good news is...in about 2 weeks it disappeared as quickly as it came in...I woke up one morning and it was gone. I hope you are that lucky! God bless you! Does your mom believe you? Does she understand? Ask your doctor for some literature and booklets that can help your friends understand. I think one of the hardest parts of this disease is the fact that we LOOK fine! People don't understand how difficult it is for us to get to an appointment or just get ready and be somewhere on time. Over time, maybe they will understand as you help them to see how it works. There was a really good YouTube video where a young guy has fibromyalgia and he explained it so well...maybe you could find something like that. Good Luck!

I hope so too! Thank you! And yes, my mom believes me, and so dose my dad, but my dad dosent understand why im so tired all the time or why there are always so many things bothing me in my body, he thinks maybe im not sleeping enough or not wearing socks lol but I will definitely look into getting some info packets for my dad! I finally got a great doctor so I think she will help! My other doctor just made me feel really lousy and like I was making things up, she never believed me when somthing was wrong and she kept telling me I looked fine and that nothing was wrong, but this one actually cares and understands, thank you for your advice! :) it means alot!

Mine all started with my knees! They act up once in a while now but not as bad when it first started. Make sure you get some good info to help explain what you're going through, it's hard to feel misunderstood but you're not alone, love.

Thank you so much :) and I hope you are dojng well ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back