Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
Hi Everyone!
I am new to the forum and just don't know where to begin. I have been
in severe pain for about 15 years. At first the events were few and far between but
I knew there was something wrong. My Mother had arthritis for years so I just
expected it to be the same. Now at the age of 66, I have a knee replacement and
hips and the other knee need replacing as well. The pain in all over then somethings
just in the legs. Honestly, I can hardly walk. It is such an effort. Went to Dr. who
wanted to place me on Lyricia but I could not afford it. I have been on Trazadone and Celexa for sleep disorders and Diclofenac. I have been feeling horrible. So I did research on my own. Not only are you not suppose to take Trazadone and Celexa together but
taking the Diclofenac could kill you. WHAT! Doctors. I am now taking myself off these drugs. I will keep you informed as to how I am feeling. Thank You for listening.

Wow! Make sure you wean off slowly. I just finished weaning off Effexor and Topimax. It took 6 weeks.

I don't take meds. They are too strong for me and my doctor will not change my meds so I deal with the pain on my own. I've worked for 30 yrs and I just need about 5 more to retire but I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm weak, I hurt, I'm exhausted. I'm really sorry you hurt too.

Hello! I am in the same boat as you. I am always in pain and at times I just want to brake down. Because sometimes I feel there is no end in site. All you can do is try and manage the pain by being enthusiastic. I push through by listening to music or petting/playing with my dogs. I know it sounds kind of hard. But I try to keep on with a hobby or something that helps me think about other things until it passes. I try my best but at times I need to know I am not alone. Hence why I joined this group. I have been on and off lyrica. I have a vita d deficiency that Im always fighting with and with the fog from fibro the lyrica makes me feel worse. The only good thing I found is that I get less muscle spasms and I am able to sleep at night. When I am not on it I get bad facial ticks. Going off them completely I can say is bad. So not taking them to begin with is probably the best. It depends on the user. But for me Lyrica just barely makes it so I can go on with my days.

My doctor many times have tried to put me on anti depressants. I can understand the reasoning for that. But how in anyway does it get rid of the pain or make my other medical issues go away. Will it make me be okay that I am in pain all day? I just don't understand the reasoning of doctors sometimes. I know they don't mean it. But I always feel belittled by them. I can't exactly help I have my problems. and an anti depressant is not an instant fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back