Not open for further replies.

Bichon_lover

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
US
My back, neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, fingers, calfs, ankles, toes hurt to the point I am practically bedridden. I take gabapentin, Celebrex, methocarbamel, Tylenol, and Ativan...
Next step could be a stronger pain med...
I am just so over this pain!

What do you take for your severe pain?

Welcome to the forum.

If you are in a state where it is legal you might try medical cannabis. It helps me a lot.
Some people also do acupuncture or other treatments like that.

Don't just rely on medications from doctors. They can help, but try other things as well, and for your own good avoid anything that is opiate-based.

I know you feel really over it. But, the thing is if you have Fibro there's no cure right now, nor any medication that makes it better for everyone. So try not to think of it as something you're Over, and instead think of it as something you need to work on and work with. Just taking enough pain medication to knock out the pain (if you could even find such a thing) is not the solution.

by the way I love Bichons too.

I am same the pain is excruciating then the fatigue I was given Pregabalin it takes edge of pain but I understand it drives me crazy having to lay in bed hear my family just laughing enjoying there self I’m glad it’s not to much of impact on them they help me so much .hope your pain eases x

Pregabalin (Lyrica) has been a Godsend for me. It's not an opiate and cannot be addictive. It was originally for diabetics with neuropathy. It helps quiet the overactive nerves and provides some much needed relief. A lot of fibro sufferers where i live claim you just need some exercise and a good muscle relaxer. Nonsense! Everyone is different, but if you're suffering a an don't know what to do, you might want to discuss it with your doctor. It definitely can't hurt to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back