In the process of getting a diagnosis, do you have the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgl

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi, I’m new to all of this and in the process of trying to get a diagnosis. The anxiety of not knowing what’s wrong is definitely getting to me, but just wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues, pains, feelings etc.

I’ve had a really bad upper back/neck/shoulders blade pain for a while but have just kind of dealt with it and put it down to either bad posture or my business of cake making. I have also had restless legs when trying to relax on and off for quite a while.

Just before Christmas I had tenderness around my ribs, down my breast bone and under my breast and it would be an ache or burning type feeling when pressed. My upper back was also bad at the same time.

Over the last few weeks I’ve had others pains such as:

Lower back and buttock prickly sensation and ache

Aching wrists

Aching/ burning elbows

Burning sensation in upper arms and shoulder

Prickly sensation down the outside of one of my thighs

Feeling if blood draining from your arms and arms and legs feel heavy.

Feeling like no matter how much sleep I have I always wake up tired even though I feel I manage to sleep ok

My head feels like it’s in it own little bubble and I forget what I’m doing sometimes .

The pain comes and goes throughout the day, can last for a few minutes or half an hour or more. It’s bearable but just getting me down as it’s every day in one or more areas, and niggling daily.

I had quite a stressful run up to Christmas, running a business, also working part time, looking after our two year old, house renovations and then only managing 4-5 hours sleep a night due to work and toddler waking up. However, since Christmas I have tried to be more relaxed and go to bed earlier but it’s not helping any of these symptoms.

Are these symptoms similar to what anyone else has experienced?

Many thanks for any replies! 😊

Hello,
I'm in the same boat,for years I've been going the doctor with pains in different areas,all investigated and nothing showed up..I was told I have Gerd and they put most abdomen pain down to that.

After my last birth,I got severe neck pain and upper right abdominal pain and on breast bone..went for neck MRI and all showed up ok..they always said my pains don't connect and it was like they didn't believe me.

From then on and off symptoms came and went..new symptoms arose..before Christmas I went to doctors again..rib pain was burning, couldn't get comfortable sleeping.. shooting pains in chest, stabbing pain in left elbow and under arm..left face pain especially around eye and cheek..right buttock stabbing pain,left calf throbbing.. burning aching wrists,fingers,knees and pain in right big toe..all random I know lol.

Anyway Doc sent me for ultrasound which picked up lesions on liver,so sent for MRI which they said was a little fatty tissue and that couldn't be causing the abdominal pain..so after that long story,she said it's pointing towards fibromyalgia.

If it is fibromyalgia at this stage I want a diagnosis cause I hate going on with the worry of what the pains could be..I find this time of year worse for it..hoping I'll get some ease in summer.

Hope this helps.. I'm curious to know other people's symptoms as I'm new to all this too.
Best of luck

I know it’s so frustrating isn’t it, I have different types of pains and feelings in different areas and feel daft reeling them all off as they do seem random and unlinked but surely not normal at the same time?!
I think once I know what it could be it will be easier as hopefully the anxiety will die down and I can look at how best to treat/deal with things.
I hope you get to the bottom of it soon 🤞🏼 Sounds like we are all in the same boat, which to a degree is slightly reassuring that I’m not the only one experiencing all these things, but ultimately still not a nice thing to be dealing with!
Take care

Greetings to both of you.....................

It is definitely frustrating not to know what is going on. But please allow me to encourage you both to do everything you can to calm down that anxiety, because it is guaranteed that being anxious about it is making things worse for you, and has zero power to make anything better or to affect the future. Deal with that, first. Stop allowing the anxiety, and be patient while you and your doc explore the possibilities.

Also, I recommend starting now to do the things that will help you to manage this, no matter what it turns out to be. Why wait? All of the best things to do and good for you no matter what the cause is of your symptoms.

Also, take heart. If your symptoms have not been going on more than a few weeks or months (I can't tell from either of your posts how long it has gone on) it may be something that will pass. This past year has been hard on everyone, and the stress has caused a lot of people to break out in symptoms like yours. I'm not saying it's trivial or that it is not FM. Just that it might not be something as serious.
I wish you both the best of luck, and remember we are here to support you and to help if we can.

Thanks sunkacola,
Mines been going on for over 15 years, the pain seems to move to different spots and I always end up in docs with the pain,who send me for x-rays,bloods and nothings ever found..the last 3 years it's been in the side of neck/head and under rib..

Definitely anxiety kicks in when it's really bad and it can get you real down..I don't think the winter months help either.
I feel that the doctor is saying fibromyalgia as there's nothing else they can say as all my tests coming back grand..
I'm only exploring what fibromyalgia is and what pains and symptoms come with it..some symptoms I get I think surely this is not right and want to go to a&e,but then it passes again..
Do any of yous know if hormones set it off worse,since getting the Mirena I'm finding symptoms lasting longer and stronger? And it seems to be worse at certain times of month.

It sounds to me as if the doctor saying FM is quite possibly correct.

"I feel that the doctor is saying fibromyalgia as there's nothing else they can say as all my tests coming back grand.."

Fibromyalgia IS what they say when there's nothing else they can say and the tests keep coming back looking fine. That's how the diagnosis of FM is made, so your doctor is not just copping out.

As for the anxiety.....what I already said.

If any medication including hormones is making it worse, it's the wrong thing for you to be taking, and my recommendation is not to take any meds at all except the ones that are life-or-death necessary for you.

FM has so many different symptoms and so many different variations on those symptoms that it's almost impossible to define accurately

Hi,
I am getting exactly the same as you, especially the face and eye pain and bad headaches. I do suffer from sinus problems which I have been told that fibromyalgia sufferers are inclined to suffer from sinusitis. My head always seems worse when I lay down. I was put on a course of amoxicillion antibiotics and a week after finishing them I feel even worse. I go to an osteopath every week and he does "Cold needling" and massages and I feel this really helps for a while. My doctor also prescribed some antidepressants for the pain but they made me so "odd" as though I was on a different planet so I am trying not to take anymore tablets just vitamins.

Hi,
I am getting exactly the same as you, especially the face and eye pain and bad headaches. I do suffer from sinus problems which I have been told that fibromyalgia sufferers are inclined to suffer from sinusitis. My head always seems worse when I lay down. I was put on a course of amoxicillion antibiotics and a week after finishing them I feel even worse. I go to an osteopath every week and he does "Cold needling" and massages and I feel this really helps for a while. My doctor also prescribed some antidepressants for the pain but they made me so "odd" as though I was on a different planet so I am trying not to take anymore tablets just vitamins.
Hi,
Yes like that it does sometimes feel like sinus,but the eye one can be so scary that actually I thought it was an aneurysm,and like that it mostly happens at night when lying down..but then it passes..this might happen at least once a month..I'm trying to keep a record now to see if certain times of the month and hormones actually set symptoms worse..
It's great to read other people's symptoms and know your not alone.
Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back