Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NOR
State
Østfold
I have sort of been unofficially diagnosed with fm by my doctor. I have had other issues that has somewhat halted the diagnosing progress. What I'm wondering is, if this is a symptom of fm, because it is worrying me, and knowing that someone else experiences it could at least calm me down until I can get to a doctor.

My arms and legs are feeling weaker and weaker by the day, and it only started a few days ago. I haven't gone to the doctor yet because it hasn't been a problem until today. I walk fine and have no problems using my hands, but today they feel really weak and like jelly. Some mild joint pain comes and goes. In the beginning I was having pain in my big toe, and today I have joint pain in my pinkie finger.

The more I read about this, the more I feel that the candida overgrowth might have a relation with it, have you explored that possibility?

I have days when lifting a pot off of the stove is a real challenge. My arms get weak and some days I can't get a lid off of a jar. I used to be able to pick a pot off the stove with one hand and carry it to the sink no problem, but quite often now I need to use two arms and some days I can't do it. I just assumed it was part of the Fibromyalgia.

I get some strange things happening with my muscles. Bad cramps. I get this very strange thing where my big toe suddenly stretches and points to the ceiling all on it's own. It is so incredibly painful and takes what seems like forever to work it back to normal. If I really over do it and exhaust myself or go through a lot of stress, I end up with a fit, I nicknamed 'the jitters'. I can feel it coming on and it starts as a tingling and pain coming up my spine. It results in an inability to speak and what seems like pauses in my thinking, my arms flail about and my body jerks. (Kind of like Brad Pitt's character in 12 Monkeys.) I sound like I have Tourette's Syndrome during one of these fits, because I get so upset over it, I swear my head off and that seems to be the only words that come out clearly. hahaha

I have similar issues, and my left side in particular feels weak. I also get benign fasciculations (random twitches and muscle movements). FM is painful and often frightening. I still work, but was hugely glad to be off today. I awoke feeling awful and spent most the day napping...sometimes we have to just do that. Feel better (you'll have good days again).

Those random twitches and muscle movements I had them as well, they are usually related to over effort of the muscles right?

I've had them (benign fasciculations) for 18 years...they began the same time as Fibro did. I feel it's nerve hyperexcitability and spasticity. For instance, in the mornings I'm very stiff. When I stretch, it irritates the muscle fibers and gets them jumping.

I have sort of been unofficially diagnosed with fm by my doctor. I have had other issues that has somewhat halted the diagnosing progress. What I'm wondering is, if this is a symptom of fm, because it is worrying me, and knowing that someone else experiences it could at least calm me down until I can get to a doctor.

My arms and legs are feeling weaker and weaker by the day, and it only started a few days ago. I haven't gone to the doctor yet because it hasn't been a problem until today. I walk fine and have no problems using my hands, but today they feel really weak and like jelly. Some mild joint pain comes and goes. In the beginning I was having pain in my big toe, and today I have joint pain in my pinkie finger.

You REALLY need to get a brain MRI done soon! For real! As far as I know that limb weakness could mean many things and isn't necessarily a FM symptom per se. At least not a common one. You need to ask your doctor to give you a referral for a brain MRI. I know you are anxious and worried, been there too! But if you want to take my advice... you must focus on doing something instead of panicking. Try to get that referral and if you feel worried or anxious message me!

I agree with Trellum you want to get a brain MRI right away. Make notes of the issues you are having to take to the doctor so that you don't miss anything when you talk to the doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back