Not open for further replies.

Yatte

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RSA
State
Gauteng
I sometimes just lack the will to do anything as I am just too fatigued. Some days I just want to stay in bed, and never get up.

Where do you find inspiration and motivation to get up in the mornings and go through every day?

Sometimes I really don't know.

I do have a stepdaughter with bipolar disorder and she needs no excuse to do nothing at all and I keep trying to encourage her to eat better and exercise etc as I know it will help her. But she's 22 and I can't force her so all I can do is lead by example. I suppose that's my motivation. The only downside is, I think, she thinks my condition is B.S because I try not to let it stop me so I can't be all that bad.

Yatte,

When it is a cold crappy day I just want to stay in bed like you were saying. But then after a time I get up and dressed, before someone rings my doorbell or the phone rings.

I love sunny days even if it is snowing, cause I like watching big snow flakes. I like getting up to eat breakfast and then watch a movie or read a good book. So if I had to pinpoint mostly what gets me motivated it would be sunshine. And also my writing on blogs.

My children have been my greatest inspiration. I m a single mom of two, and we are all pretty close. I also believe in the power of prayer. Every morning I say the serenity prayer and take a deep breath. I know it may sound trivial, but I really believe a positive attitude works wonders.

Iam not Mary Poppins, I have days when I just lay there and I already feel grumpy and just blah. But once I get going I am usually o.k.

I try to find inspiration in exercising on a daily basis. I had bad back problems throughout the years but I have been doing exercises that target and help strengthen my lower back. I feel like it has helped me with my back pains and now my back feels like it did when I was a teenager.

As LibraGirl said, my daughter is my main inspiration... I know I HAVE to get up to help her get ready and make it to the bus stop in the mornings. And, since I am up to help her do that, it forces me to go into work and not call in.

I do not get sick pay at work. but, occasionally I still have to call in because of the pain. It seems like it is getting more often as of lately, and my boss has been getting pretty upset.

Perhaps making a commitment to something on a daily basis, work or volunteering somewhere (somewhere not physically taxing, preferably) or a support group might help? Or, find a daily yoga class at your local gym or community center, that might help to motivate you to get moving and also help lessen the pain somewhat due to the physical activity/stretching?

Basically, I am saying make a schedule with something on it that you love or want to do. Having this helps motivate me to get up!

It is too easy to get into a negative mindset which invariably leads to unhappiness and depression. To avoid being overwhelmed by negativity we need to make a conscious effort to avoid the experience.

For me, I have a set routine almost every day in the mornings. It helps me get up, get done what has to get done and continue on with my day. Sometimes, just doing that gets me up and going and I feel better. Other times, if I'm still hurting or exhausted afterwards, I will relax and at least I got done what needed to get done for that day.

Otherwise, I found myself getting into ruts and the chores would pile up and that just made everything worse too. It also keeps me from feeling like I did absolutely nothing during the day. Even with everything that I do with my kids, if I don't get something cleaned or picked up or fixed or something extra, I don't feel like I did enough and that will weigh on me and make me feel worse.

Fibro is definitely a vicious cycle.

I think a set routine is the way to go, too... but it's important to throw some "me time" in there so that part of the routine can be resting, hot shower, tea time, whatever. Something besides pushing so that the work gets done.

One of my friends with Fibro forces herself to get up and get the routine things behind her. Then on her better days she continues with things that need to be done, but if it's a particularly bad day, she keeps her Kindle loaded and enjoys her "me time" with a good book in bed.

I have a growing kid with me and he is my inspiration in getting up every morning. Well literally, I have to be up to prepare his breakfast. He is an early riser and the first thing he does is check on what his first meal of the day is gonna be like and it takes a lot of creativity and imagination to make his most-loved part of the day special. I take effort in preparing his food, like thinking of a theme to excite him more. Just like this morning, we had Hawaiian theme for breakfast. We had pineapple as part of the meal, decorated with pieces of what looked like coconut trees and some flowers. For that, I really had to get up from bed--early.

In a more serious tone, and here comes the cheesy part, I get up for him because he is growing up so fast and I do not want to miss a single happening in his life. I play with him and we do some coloring and some dancing in the rain and his laughter I won't miss for the world. I just have to be there to witness all that, and more. By the time he grows up, it won't be the same. But at least, when he was young and was still with me, I know I did not miss a thing.

My friend has Fibromyalgia, and for him he tells me his inspiration are his spiritual beliefs and meditation. I have on a few occassions walked in to hear him meditating out aloud "OHHMMM". Apparently he tells me it takes his mind away from the pain, and the deeper state of consciousness he can get himself to, the better. This actually makes sense because scientists have proved that brainwaves alter (alpha/beta/delta etc.) during meditation. He tells me he realises this is strange, but still, whatever helps him is a positive thing isn't it.

In a more serious tone, and here comes the cheesy part, I get up for him because he is growing up so fast and I do not want to miss a single happening in his life. I play with him and we do some coloring and some dancing in the rain and his laughter I won't miss for the world. I just have to be there to witness all that, and more. By the time he grows up, it won't be the same. But at least, when he was young and was still with me, I know I did not miss a thing.

That's not cheesy at all... that's a very nice thing to read and I know he'll have great memories of these growing up years. I feel the same way when time with my daughter is concerned. I think your Hawaiian themed breakfast sounds wonderful! We do the theme meals, too, but I usually wait for dinner... not sure I'd be able to get a theme breakfast together even though I'm always awake by 4 a.m. :lol: Oh my goodness, that smiley is hilarious!

Anyhow, I agree that having a child around is great inspiration to pull out of bed in the morning, especially on the days when the pain level is higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back