Status
Not open for further replies.
It is overwhelming when we start, but after the beginning we see is not that complicated.

I sometimes think that our bodies' responses to all of these processed and modern foods is their way of telling us to slow down and think about what we're doing, and make appropriate changes. I wonder what those types of foods are doing to the people without our issues, and if ultimately we will end up healthier because we're more aware of how what we eat and drink (as well as other things, such as an appropriate amount of rest and exercise) affects our bodies. Maybe we've got chronic issues, but perhaps it's possible that without the chronic conditions signaling a problem to them, they will end up with acute health problems.

Thank you everyone :) Knowing that others are going to be watching to see what happens has given me even more motivation! I've just about finalized my first weeks menu and shopping list. I will be shopping this Friday, prepping over the weekend, and starting elimination on Monday.

I've been doing my 10 minute walks and today it was cooler outside and I was feeling ok so I walked for 30 minutes! Then I had to go to Walmart :???: I'm paying for all that walking now, but I'm pretty proud of myself that I was able to do it :D

DAY 1

Breakfast:
2 Scrambled eggs with peppers and onion
1/2 cup Gluten-free oatmeal with ground flaxseed, chia seed, and coconut sugar
1/3 cup Raspberries

Lunch:
2 cups Romaine lettuce salad
Can of tuna fish
2 TBSP homemade balsamic vinegrette

Dinner:
4 oz Hamburger patty with mustard and dill pickle
1/2 cup Green beans
1/2 cup Oven roasted sweet potatoes (coconut oil, coconut sugar, salt, pepper)
1/2 cup Quinoa cooked in beef broth

Snack (x 2):
1 small apple
1 TBSP almond butter

I'm happy to say that I never knew that eating healthy could taste so good! The only problem we had today was not eating enough for lunch. We were really hungry until afternoon snack. But, we never gave in and just waited it out.

I'm going to have to get used to cooking more. I've always enjoyed cooking, but with it just being my husband and I, most of the time we have simple things like a bowl of cereal or soup and a sandwich. It's been pretty exhausting having to cook every meal. But I have noticed my IBS wasn't so bad today, so that's a plus.

I do have to say that we did not eliminate eggs. I don't think that they are a problem for me and we needed to have a cheap protein source. All the special things we've had to buy are quite expensive on our limited budget. But we have eliminated everything else. If I see I'm see having significant issues at the end of the trial period then I will try eliminating eggs.

This all sounds pretty yummy! I know when my feet started hurting I stopped really cooking as much (I love me a crock pot) then when the serious pain hit prepping, cooking and even groceries shopping just became to much. I want to start cooking again and you are inspiring me. The more fresh food I eat the less processed food I want.

So, today is the 9th, how are you doing?

Me to excited to follow..good luck.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up. I've had my grandson here all week and then my granddaughter for a couple days. That, and trying to cook all the time, has left me not much free time lol

So far we (husband is also following) are doing really well. I've been to a couple classes that my integrative doctor teaches and have learned so much about how sugar is the main cause of inflammation in the body. If anybody is interested I'd be happy to talk about it.

As of this morning I am down 4 lbs, hubs is down 12 :roll: What is it about men that help them lose easier then ladies?? lol I've been walking several days this week. I'm able to walk 30 minutes and my pain has been much less.

The eating is getting easier as we learn what we do and don't like and are making up our own recipes. My mouth still wants junk, but my brain doesn't anymore after everything I've been learning. I'd be happy to continue to share the meals we've been eating too if you'd like :)

Wow, nice to be getting off a few pounds and feeling better as well!

I'm going to be trying creatine and carnitine supplements with my regular diet, but if that fails in a couple of months, I will try your diet. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!

Last night and today have not been so good. My IBS is not behaving very nicely and I have been dealing with cramping, gas, bloating, and bathroom runs. I believe it is because of the increased fiber. I see the nutritionist next week and will talk to her about it.

It's sad that my body tolerates stuff I shouldn't eat better than stuff I should eat :?

Saw the nutritionist today. She has modified my diet for the next 6 weeks. She doesn't want me doing a full elimination, but does want me to limit my carb intake. No more than 60 grams of carbs per day divided into 15 grams per meal - Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. I have to keep track and write down all my meals and carb load per meal.

Hi SilverBelle et al,

My good friend who has suffered severely with Fibro did the Whole30 elimination diet with amazing results. It took her about a year to slowly re-introduce foods back into her diet (and leaving many out for good). Today, she is almost pain free and attributes it to the Whole30 and an exercise plan. Of course, we all react differently to different treatment plans, but I have seen it mentioned on this forum before and hope it's helping lots of you.

Reference the IBS. My IBS has been terrible lately and today the new Acupuncturist (second visit) treated me with needles and then gave me an herbal mix to take mixed with water for 6 days. He said the effects should calm the intestine from contracting so much. I'll report back what happens.

Wishing you all a beautiful and peaceful weekend. xo

Hi all. Thank you very much.

I am very glad that elimination diet works well. It was the first time for me to hear about that and I already started but my trouble is that I am vegetarian. It seems everything will be changed, for good of course.
I will be following this thread my friend.

Hi all,
I have been doing the elimination since April and have had good results. It has resolved many of my digestive issues and reduced brain fog.

I also recommend the documentary "Food Matters" for those of you who with fibro fog find it tiring to research all the time. It gives good information on nutrition. Much of the information has been confirmed by doctors I have seen. The documentary is on Netflix.

If your IBS symptoms persist you might want to have a gastroenterologist test for microscopic colitis. it is a fairly rare form that can have all the symptoms of auto-immune, UC or crohn's but won't show up on any of the tests and the doctor has to be looking for it specifically. there are two kinds, I have lymphositic, the other is collagenous. they can also be a cause for vitamin and mineral absorption problems.

One last suggestion is taking a high potency chlorophyll supplement, I use Vitamineral Green. It has a lot of vitamins and minerals and the days I miss taking it I really notice a drop in mood, energy level, and an increase in my pain and head aches.

Hang in there. Surround yourself with people who support you both emotionally and physically and know that you are not alone. there are so many resources for auto-immune and allergy friendly recipes these days it makes elimination diets easier than the first time I did one, almost 16 years ago.

I think the official marketing name of this diet you were placed on is the virgin diet/protocol. I have never tried it myself but have done elimination diets before, they didn't help me but I really wish you luck and hope you get some relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back