Interesting video: New research into differences between ME/CFS and fibromyalgia

tormodg

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2022
Country
NO
I watch a lot of science and research programs on YouTube. Since I have both ME and fibro I am very interested in current research in this field.

Please - if this kind of content is not accepted in this category, please delete it or move it to the relevant place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, now(?) this post/thread from May 10 has been "released" and is "hanging out" a bit forlorn....
So I'll link to the introductory thread -> here, where we can see the name of the video and rough content.
(Linking inside the forum / website is allowed.)

Ah, now(?) this post/thread from May 10 has been "released" and is "hanging out" a bit forlorn....
So I'll link to the introductory thread -> here, where we can see the name of the video and rough content.
(Linking inside the forum / website is allowed.)
To the best of my knowledge, this part of the post was released soon after it was posted, but with the video deleted.

I'm just pondering upon whether I am interested in current research or not....

Of course I am, I read on average 10-20h per week of current and older studies.
But that all shows me that fibro is kind of black hole for them. Well, not quite ;-).

That's lead to knowing ~10 hypotheses about causes, ~10 types of biomarkers,
4 sets of diagnostic criteria, just been studying the background of that, 100s of treatment tests.
Quite a few ideas, good to know the basics, but so little hard evidence for anything.

I find the researchers helpful when they admit they don't know much yet, but are trying.
A bit annoying for us when people like Goebel & Anderson last August
tout their "new" hypothesis about a possible autoimmune cause as the new truth.
But this scientific exuberance will hopefully stimulate energy & resources, so not all bad,
just often disappointing when we hope too much.

BTW, having read "new" too often, I prefer to write exactly something was released, in this case May 2022,
since these forum posts are a snapshot to stay....

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, this part of the post was released soon after it was posted, but with the video deleted.
Thanks - I thought that too, because it says edited May 12. But it didn't show up under "What's new" before today.
(Similar a month back with a spam post that I only found 10 days or so after it seemed to have been posted.... Weird bug, I guess.)

What is ME? (A gooogle search bought up nothing).
Hi sjde, and welcome! Good question - if you'd've searched for ME/CFS you would have found it immediately: CFS and ME are very similar, often used interchangeably, like "fibromyalgia" (FM) vs. "fibromyalgia syndrome" (FMS) where the question is what you want to put your focus on in the condition.
CFS is used most often, ME/CFS by people wanting to be ('politically'?) correct, and ME seldom alone.
ME = "myalgic encephalomyelitis". The term (or some people might say 'condition') is actually older, with a longer history (1950s) than CFS.
By the way: In case your post took a while to be approved that will be because you used the big bad search engine's name, as it's a taboo word here, to prevent forum spam. Even replying put me into an approval queue, so I added a 3rd o, copied it into a new reply and deleted the first...

Last edited:
Back