spacejamdub

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2021
Country
US
Hi all :1)

I've been struggling with pain and other symptoms for about six months and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia on Tuesday, and referred to a pain management clinic.

Outside of that, I'm a 22 year old autistic and mixed-race Midwesterner, I worked in childcare before I became too sick to work and hope to go back eventually, I live with my wonderful partner whom I love very dearly, and am really into Dune lately (got into it from Villenueve's new movie; now almost 1/3 of the way through the first book).

Thanks for having me here!💛

Welcome to our forum @spacejamdub ☕️ i can understand how you would have had to leave the type of job you’ve been doing cos being in a caring profession with fibromyalgia is challenging to say the least, I hope you find comfort and support from the forum, I’m sure you’ll get lots more replies tomorrow, ps I like your profile picture it’s well cute, looks like Horton hears a who? (I’m going by the pink fluffy thing) I’m on a waiting list for autism tests, I filled in a 200 question questionnaire and they said if they find anything that indicates autism they’ll send me a letter (which they did) and further conversations with the team seems more indicating so I’m just waiting for my proper tests ( long wait especially with covid) I’m glad you’ve got someone very supportive I’m gong to bed now, night 🌙🌟⭐

Hi all :1)

I've been struggling with pain and other symptoms for about six months and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia on Tuesday, and referred to a pain management clinic.

Outside of that, I'm a 22 year old autistic and mixed-race Midwesterner, I worked in childcare before I became too sick to work and hope to go back eventually, I live with my wonderful partner whom I love very dearly, and am really into Dune lately (got into it from Villenueve's new movie; now almost 1/3 of the way through the first book).

Thanks for having me here!💛
Hi spacejamdub,

Welcome! It's lovely to have you here, although I'm sorry for the reason. This is a great place to learn more about fibromyalgia and talk or vent with people who understand. If you haven't found it already, I really recommend checking out Sunkacola's pinned post:

I'm realllly looking forward to seeing Dune - hopefully will get the chance to see it in the cinema before it's gone! It does look amazing.

Figuring out what we can and can't do with fibromyalgia is a process. Sometimes, when we've found the right symptom management strategy that suits us, we discover that we can go back to old activities or work. At others, learning to live with fibro means radically accepting that it means life will change, and learning to embrace a new version of ourselves. I know it's a scary condition to begin with, but there are lots of things to try - loads of people manage to dramatically reduce their symptoms by figuring out what helps them uniquely; me included - and it's entirely possible to feel empowered and lead a life that feels rewarding and valuable, even when fibro tags along uninvited! I live with my partner too, and he's been great through all of this - in fact, if anything I think it's made our relationship stronger.

Good luck with what you're going through. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, or just let off some steam here if you get frustrated. We're a friendly bunch! ✨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back