Introducing - The How Are You Project

Laura79

***For people with non-physical disabilities and chronic illnesses in the UK***​

USE PARTICIPATORY THEATRE TO EXPLORE THE QUESTION “HOW ARE YOU?”

“The How Are You Project” runs as short, group or one to one workshop sessions on Zoom.
  • The project is a safe space to creatively explore how we navigate answering “how are you?”
  • Participants (and facilitator) include people with a wide range of non-visible disabilities.
  • Participation is free - attend as little or as much as you like.
  • The project is founded and facilitated by Laura Rees, previously an actor for 20 years in London’s West-End, the Royal Shakespeare Company, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, Royal National theatre, BBC, ITV.
  • The development of this project is funded by the Arts Council of England.
  • For more detailed information or to share your interest please contact Laura at (email address)

Attachments

• Award logo.jpeg
    Award logo.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 0

cookiebaker

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
WI
@Laura79 - i do have a quick question for you.. is it absolutely necessary to have a webcam to attend a session?
i live in a very rural area, and as such, my internet access is not the best... no DSL, cable or anything like that.. speed is actually quite slow by current standards - better than dialup, for sure, but not by a lot, LOL

Laura79

@Laura79 - i do have a quick question for you.. is it absolutely necessary to have a webcam to attend a session?
i live in a very rural area, and as such, my internet access is not the best... no DSL, cable or anything like that.. speed is actually quite slow by current standards - better than dialup, for sure, but not by a lot, LOL
Hey @cookiebaker. No it is not necessary – it certainly helps for the group sessions to create trust in the group, so perhaps sharing your face at the start would do that – and then switching off your camera after that. I always encourage participants to participate in a way that works for them, that's really important – and access to tech is very much included in that. One-to-one sessions is also an option, which could simply be done as a phone call. I'm still in the process of designing the sessions – but I feel strongly that everyone should participate in a way that works for them. I hope that answers your question? Keep them coming! ;)

cookiebaker

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
WI
Thank you for that info, @Laura79 - kind of a relief, really, lol
i would be fine using a static picture, if that would help others... but I tried Zoom once with a friend that is only a few hundred miles away - it did not go well, lol I can just imagine the issues trying to stay connected with a group, or even one on one, that is several thousand miles away, LOL

Laura79

Thank you for that info, @Laura79 - kind of a relief, really, lol
i would be fine using a static picture, if that would help others... but I tried Zoom once with a friend that is only a few hundred miles away - it did not go well, lol I can just imagine the issues trying to stay connected with a group, or even one on one, that is several thousand miles away, LOL
@cookiebaker dont worry at all - we will find a workaround with either working in a group or one-to-one. :)