Iowa man and GWVet

jesse w hess

New member
Dec 5, 2023
I have had issues that relate to both Fibromyalgia and chronic Fatigue. I have had these symptoms for decades and unfortunately, the doctors have rolled symptoms together with other items like PTSD.

I would like to find a specialist in Iowa to discuss my issues and work through the symptoms. I have had other doctors troubleshoot a symptom, but they seem to quit at that point.

Would anyone on here have a list of doctors or specialists in Iowa...? Would anyone like to take a WAG at my symptoms if your bored?
Greetings, and welcome to the forum.
No one here can diagnose you, since we are not doctors and even if we were, we couldn't do that over the internet. Unfortunately, we don't have a list of doctors that is up to date. It's almost impossible to keep such a list current and accurate, since things change all the time.

As for finding a doctor, the internet is your friend in this. Simply use a search engine and type in doctor, fibromyalgia, and the name of your town. You will probably find several listed. The next step is to search each one of those for reviews, and choose the one that has the best reviews relating to fibromyalgia patients.

You mention that you want to see a specialist. While there are very few doctors who actually specialize in fibromyalgia patients, and so there may not be one in your area, people do go to specialists for a diagnosis - usually a rheumatologist. I would suggest you start with a general practitioner or internal medicine doctor who is familiar with fibro first and ask them to refer you to a specialist if that is what you want to do.
Best of luck.