Is anyone else worse in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm somewhat worse in the morning. I think most people feel achy just from laying all night. It feels worse for Fibromyalgia suffers, because, their condition is all about pain before they have went to bed for the day. If I feel stiff in the morning I try to remember to put walking on my list goals, to help minimize the pain I tend to have in the morning.

Boy, do I really understand where you're coming from. I've tried many things also. In another life I was in the medical field but its been may years now.

What I really hate is going to bed because often that is 2 am easily. Even if I awake at 8 am I just can't get up. The whole day has gone by. Imagine trying to raise 2 kids and a baby with 2 dogs and a husband also. My entire life slipped away from me. drs were saying I was either post partum or depressed and I knew I wasn't. It happened so suddenly to me over 1 & 1/2 years. and was just sort of ... there!

Hand in the air in agreement. If I sit or lay for long it is like waking up all over again.

Yes, I am super stiff and ache all over, as the day goes on I stay pretty much the same, this really sucks!

I think that most people with any sort of major medical issue feels it worse in the morning. There was some study done that you're actually about an inch taller when you wake up in the morning than when you go to bed. I'm wondering if that 'stretching' or whatever it is that causes that, causes more people with fibro, arthritis, etc...to have more pain in the AM?

Me, actually I have Scoliosis. Whenever I'm getting up from the bed, my neck and back muscles hurt. I think that me in the future will get Fibromyalgia because of this. And also, I'm on a therapy to make my muscles don't hurt anymore.

I tend to be a lot more stiff and achy in the mornings. A lot of the time I cannot even move around very much until I wake up a little bit. I think that being in one position for too long tends to increase this type of symptom. I also have to have 8 or 9 hours of sleep each night or I will definitely hurt more throughout the day. The less you move, the more you will hurt in the long run. I know it seems impossible when you're in pain, but in the end it does tend to help me to feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back