Is fhis common fatigue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two main symptoms of fibromyalgia are chronic widespread pain and fatigue. The trick with fatigue is to learn when to rest. If you do this, you may avoid the overwhelming fatigue that just keeps you from enjoying life. When your body tells you to sit down or to lie down do it. NOW. If you don't, you'll be sorry. Trust your body to tell you what it needs.

The two main symptoms of fibromyalgia are chronic widespread pain and fatigue. The trick with fatigue is to learn when to rest. If you do this, you may avoid the overwhelming fatigue that just keeps you from enjoying life. When your body tells you to sit down or to lie down do it. NOW. If you don't, you'll be sorry. Trust your body to tell you what it needs.
Great advice!

Hi Lemon- I have been diagnosed with both disorders- CFS & Fibromyalgia. I had CFS first after a terrible bout with mono & several years later developed Fibro after a period of severe stress (my son was in a horrific accident & my dad died).
Now there is a simple blood test to determine whether you have the Epstein-Barr virus. It might bring you piece of mind to get that test so you can deal with it head on.
All the best to you & please keep us posted. 😊

Hi Lemon- I have been diagnosed with both disorders- CFS & Fibromyalgia. I had CFS first after a terrible bout with mono & several years later developed Fibro after a period of severe stress (my son was in a horrific accident & my dad died).
Now there is a simple blood test to determine whether you have the Epstein-Barr virus. It might bring you piece of mind to get that test so you can deal with it head on.
All the best to you & please keep us posted. 😊
Hi Sabina, first thanks for your response!
I've heard most adults are or have been infected with EBV, somewhere around 95%, so let's say I'm positive for it now, or maybe antibodies from sometime past. I'm sorry, but how does this information guide me or my doctors to anything? Just wondering if you know any "next steps" from there.

Also, to everyone as well, if you have any input, it's always appreciated! Like say my magnesium levels are high, and my doctors don't recommend magnesium for other reasons as well, is that odd with these syndromes? It seems more get helped from those supps so that would mean they run low in it in their bodies? If I should have posted these ideas in a new thread, I do apologize and leme know. xo

also just thinking from my symptoms obviously I have chronic fatigue symptoms, but what use or help is it to have the diagnosis of the syndrome? It's been getting kinda worse over many years ya know. ready for it to get back to better haha

Like say my magnesium levels are high, and my doctors don't recommend magnesium for other reasons as well, is that odd with these syndromes? It seems more get helped from those supps so that would mean they run low in it in their bodies? If I should have posted these ideas in a new thread, I do apologize and leme know. xo - also just thinking from my symptoms obviously I have chronic fatigue symptoms, but what use or help is it to have the diagnosis of the syndrome? It's been getting kinda worse over many years ya know. ready for it to get back to better haha
No worry, Lemon, you're still on topic.
Most don't know their magnesium levels, AFAIK. It's one of the ones where we try and see if it helps, or take it just in case.
The use of the diagnosis (or knowing fatigue is a major symptom) is for me to look for fatigue supps, which I find more on CFS sites

I've heard most adults are or have been infected with EBV, somewhere around 95%, so let's say I'm positive for it now, or maybe antibodies from sometime past. I'm sorry, but how does this information guide me or my doctors to anything? Just wondering if you know any "next steps" from there.

Also, to everyone as well, if you have any input, it's always appreciated! Like say my magnesium levels are high, and my doctors don't recommend magnesium for other reasons as well, is that odd with these syndromes? It seems more get helped from those supps so that would mean they run low in it in their bodies? If I should have posted these ideas in a new thread, I do apologize and leme know. xo

also just thinking from my symptoms obviously I have chronic fatigue symptoms, but what use or help is it to have the diagnosis of the syndrome? It's been getting kinda worse over many years ya know. ready for it to get back to better haha

My understanding is that there are a few different tests for EBV - some will only show that you had it at some point, and some will show that there have recently been active antibodies - i.e. your body recently had or is currently having a battle with the virus. "Reactivated" EBV also presents quite differently to an initial Mono infection, and has been associated with fibromyalgia in some studies - that's what I can remember of reading up on it, at least!

Just looked up a video explainer that I remember from Youtube. If you search for a video called "Epstein–Barr Virus Part 3: Lab Testing" from a channel called Attune Functional Medecine, it explains the different types of lab tests for EBV and what each one shows.

If I should have posted these ideas in a new thread, I do apologize and leme know. xo
We're pretty easy going on this forum about threads wandering off the exact topic the OP started. If the OP or others object, we ask you to start a new thread, but otherwise you are fine. :) If, however, you are seeking specific advice or information on something you will do better starting a new thread because otherwise people may not see the post.

Many people with EBV are perfectly fine and some are not. For me, I became extremely run down & contracted a severe case of mono that never went into remission. Thus, chronic fatigue & all of its symptoms set in for the past 37 years. The reason I'm glad I got bloodwork & a diagnosis was for those 37 years no one believed there was anything wrong with me & that was not pleasant to live with. (some still don't believe it but now I have labs to prove it) I also missed so much work & was constantly accused of faking an illness. Another good reason was my doctor then knew how to treat me and I was able to prove my diagnosis that enabled me to take FMLA for work accommodations & work at home - this helped me tremendously. So, I'm very grateful!

@Sabina hi, what type of tests did you have to check for e.b.v? (does it have a specific name?).Sometimes I wonder if 95% of the population (like jem’s said + I read it before) is supposed to have it, how there’s not more people having pain/fatigue side effects, it’s annoying isn’t it that something so sweetly named as the kissing bug causes so much havoc to the system (does this mean everyone’s kissed everyone?) 🍫🧞‍♀️🧜🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
if 95% of the population ... is supposed to have it, how there’s not more people having pain/fatigue side effects, .... kissing bug ....
causes so much havoc to the system ... does this mean everyone’s kissed everyone?
I'd think it increases the total "load", and some people are more sensitive and less resilient than others.
There actually is a "(deadly) kissing bug" 🐞of the visible sort too: likes to "kiss" (bite) people in the face...
Mono, this kissing disease, is spread by saliva, more by kissing than by interchanging cutlery etc.
Praps it's a good term to remind us that it can be daring to dangerous to kiss "everyone", cos of quite a variety of bugs we praps don't want.
For the 95% it might be enough that almost everyone kisses someone.... 😊
Praps "bug" still isn't quite so cute to hear for some people.... but...
... we haven't yet got our minds properly around the developing knowledge on many of the bacteria, yeasts and viruses in and on us.
First estimates were 10x as much as non-human cells as human cells, latest research: a bit more, or about the same. Several kilograms.

Oh heck the kissing bug has a different face in my mind now, now it’s all green and creepy looking since I’ve learned all that information it looks like this >🐲or this 🦠(but with a face) I think there should be warning tv adverts so people won’t randomly lip lock with people they don’t know in bars on nights out. It should be much much more publicised, 🍻+ 😗=🤕. Oh my goodness family and pet kisses too! EPIDEMIC aaaahhhhh!!!!

Last edited:
What’s the difference between reactivated ebv and mono? does ebv disappear for a bit? does it ever go away? Cos before I thought it was ebv then when it got worse it turned into mono, this is confusing ps I hope everyone’s had an ok day 😘
💜🦋💜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back