Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
CA
State
AB
Hi - I've had severe pain in and around my hip for about 7 weeks now and its not improving - I see my doctor this week, but last time I saw him before Xmas he didn't address the pain there at all. Its impacting my ability to stand and walk and climbing stairs. How can I tell if this is a flare or Fibro or if I've actually had a real injury and what should I do? My husband who believes in supplements has given me a new one to take - Ellagic Acid which is a strong anti inflammatory - not sure its helping...

Hello :)
How can I tell if this is a flare or Fibro or if I've actually had a real injury and what should I do?
I'm guessing a "real" injury would be discernible from an xray or standard physical exam. However, if those don't answer the question, then maybe the information needed would be what has helped and not helped the symptoms. The anti-inflammatory isn't resolving the pain. What about other things? Hot, cold, stretching, resting, etc. Sometimes the symptom reducers can tell you what you're dealing with...

Hope you get to the bottom of it at this next appointment!

Hi - I've had severe pain in and around my hip for about 7 weeks now and its not improving - I see my doctor this week...
actually had a real injury and what should I do?
My husband who believes in supplements has given me a new one to take - Ellagic Acid which is a strong anti inflammatory
Whilst getting a doc to check if they can "see" anything, I'd prefer a good gentle "physio" (osteopath, acupressurist, chiropractor, myofascial release etc.) to "feel" and improve it.
I've been taking ellagic acid for almost a year along with many other anti inflammatory supps and they do seem to have decreased my jaw inflammation, but my jaw is a tooth problem, not a musculoskeletal one, and
in my experience, supps have a tough job getting on top of something which may be quickly improved using physical means, and in my case always is improved and "almost healed" by these....

Edit: "a strong anti inflammatory" has made me chuckle since writing the above... your hubby talking I guess? :D . I've been taking about 50 supps the past year, varied, and have researched each for at least 20 hours, sometimes more than 40 hours, to sort out what they do, how they fit, when to take, to find best most potent formulas, re-checking cos not all that glitters is gold (in fact most of what glitters actually isn't), spend 400-500€/m on them despite encapsulating about half of my 100 capsules a day, and knowing my health wouldn't be half of what it is without them, but... or because... of that I wouldn't call any of them a "strong" anything.... even though there are 3-4 which I personally react strongly positively to....

Last edited:
I saw my doctor today and its my SI joint and my pelvis and hip bones out of whack - and yes, he recommended seeing an osteopath. I used to have my physiotherapist manually push my pelvis back into the right position years ago. So I'll give the osteopath a try - I am taking a lot of different supplements and medications- so much so, that at times my stomach can't handle it -

I saw my doctor today and its my SI joint and my pelvis and hip bones out of whack
i was going to suggest SI joints after reading your initial post. but i got here too late, sort of, lol - you already have that confirmation.
a good chiropractor can usually help with this as well.

my right SI is giving me major grief as well - and the muscles going from it, all the way across the lower back, around the hip and going down into the upper thigh (outside) are just sooo sore.

I am taking a lot of different supplements and medications- so much so, that at times my stomach can't handle it -
are you taking them on an empty stomach, or with food?

If possible, I would suggest with food to help alleviate stomach upset - even if it is just a snack, like some fruit or nuts or something - give your tummy something else to occupy itself with. It does not have to be a lot.

Unless they specifically say to take on an empty stomach (i have to take my thyroid meds with water on an empty stomach, and wait at least 45mins to an hour before eating or drinking anything else) i would suggest trying to take supplements either in the middle of eating something, or immediately after.

I saw my doctor today and its my SI joint and my pelvis and hip bones out of whack - and yes, he recommended seeing an osteopath.
So glad you got some answers and are a step closer to feeling better. Thx for the update. I really like to hear how people are making out with things ❤️

Reactions: MNP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back