Is it the start of Fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazz68

Hi

I don't really think it is the start but when I'm googling, it keeps bringing me back to it.

So the past couple of weeks I've noticed a pain on my skin on my back, jst below the shoulder blade, just one area.
It seems to be when I'm leaning against something, like the sofa or sitting up in bed.

It seems to be more uncomfortable that painful and I have to take my back off the sofa and it takes a while to ease. Sometimes, not often it happens even when in not leaning on anything. Sometimes it's like a stabbing pain or hundreds of needles being stuck in.
Even in the shower when the water is hitting off it, it's uncomfortable.

The only way I can describe it is, its as if I've scraped it, but there's nothing there, it's not red or anything.

I'm also having knee problems and was diagnosed with mild arthritis last month, but, the similar thing is, my skin around that area gets sore as well.

I appreciate any ideas, it just seems silly to ask a doctor.

I'd suggest asking a doctor even if it seems silly. It can't hurt to ask.

But to be honest, this doesn't sound at all like fibromyalgia to me. Fibro is characterized by intense physical pain on both sides of the body or all over, accompanied by a variety of other symptoms. You have been diagnosed with arthritis, so that explains the knee issues. What is gooing on with your back sounds like a skin sensitivity in only one specific place.

I recommend that you stop Googling things and then wondering if you have something bad going in. That is not good for your stress level or your peace of mind. Instead consult a doctor and do not worry that you have fibromyalgia. Although of course I could be wrong, I seriously doubt that you do.

Thank you, I didn't think it was this, just the Googling. I'll guvevthe doc a call 🙂

Never feel silly about asking a doctor - that's what they're there for! Ditto on the stress factor; going down Google wormholes can be perilous for peace of mind! Good luck Kazz, I hope you feel better soon 🌻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back