Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
LA
I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over 2 years ago but I think that I have been having it for 20 years. But something happened to me this morning that has never happened before and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I woke up feeling weak, dizzy, disoriented and shaky. All of the muscles in my body felt like they were jittery, like when you over exercise and your muscles are fatigued. I could barely walk, had to keep my hand on the wall to balance myself. I went back to bed but continued to feel bad. After sleeping for about 30 minutes, I woke up and felt a little better. As the day is going on I feel tired and fuzzy headed but not as bad as before. I checked my blood pressure and it was in the normal range. I have experienced fatigue before but this was much more than fatigue. If others have experienced this, then I will feel that it is the fibro but if not I guess I will have to go find out what this could be. Thanks

I have times of the day when I feel like that, everyday. Weakness, legs feel like spaghetti, head is in a fog and I can't think straight. Because it happened when you were waking up, I wonder if you had low blood sugar and/or dehydration along with your fibro. Maybe try keeping a sugar source and a glass of water on your nightstand and eating/drinking before you stand up. It's scary, I know.

I have times of the day when I feel like that, everyday. Weakness, legs feel like spaghetti, head is in a fog and I can't think straight. Because it happened when you were waking up, I wonder if you had low blood sugar and/or dehydration along with your fibro. Maybe try keeping a sugar source and a glass of water on your nightstand and eating/drinking before you stand up. It's scary, I know.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. One of the most devastating things about this condition is trying to get people who don't have it to understand how you feel. I am glad I found this forum.

I get this every afternoon. I've wondered if it was low blood sugar, but I feel like this whether or not I eat a big lunch, small lunch, no lunch, snack all morning, eat nothing all morning. No amount of food or drink seems to make it better or worse, so in my case I don't think it's blood sugar. I think for me it's a fibro thing. The absolutely only thing that helps is if I lie down with my legs elevated for at least a half hour. I don't need to fall asleep, but just getting the blood back into my head seems to help.

Corvid, I wonder if yours is a blood pressure issue, since you said it helps to elevate your legs. Just a thought.

Have you ever considered seeing a cardiologist? I think you might want to tell you gp about this; he may recommend seeing a cardiologist who may want to do a full wok up including a tilt table test. They would check for blood pressure issues, neurocardiogenic syncope, pots, etc. I wouldn't just chalk I up to fibro....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back