Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
Hi All, I really appreciate all your time and comments. I have mentioned my symptoms below, please forgive my English, as I am not good at it. I am 31 yr old male.

1. Upper back pain and neck pain started around June 2015 with numbness in right hand little finger and right leg little finger, calves

2. Rheumatologist visited June-Jul 2015, all reports normal, does not indicated as rheumatologist related disease. Tried different mattress, did not help

3. Increased numbness, tingling in right portion, finger, face, eye, leg

4. Visited Neurologist Aug 29 2015, extreme weakness started on labor day weekend and continued, felt more on right hand side, appetite reduced resulted in weight loss. General check up was fine

5. Completed MRI for Neck and brain, all reports normal.

6. Did Blood tests for B12 and possible Viral infection. B12 reports normal.

7 Took Neurobion forte (B12), weakness gets better and increases hunger but still now feeling more weakness, numbness in right and left hand fingers in Morning, stiffness in finger while writing and typing.

8. Stiffness in fingers and shoulders getting tired while holding phone for long

9. Stiffness has increased a bit in fingers, wrist and little in feet and feet fingers. Sometimes difficulty in typing, wrist feels tight while moving

10. Numbness in left hand, 2 left most finger(little finger and ring finger) while waking up in the morning

11. Upper back pain is constant, but the pain increase or decreases.

12. EMG test of right hand and right leg normal

13. Feel pain mostly in fingers in hand and and legs in morning, which improves as day progress. Also feel fatigue in morning

14. Tremor inside body sometimes

15. Having little slur in speech, not sure if this happens in Fibro

Doc prescribed me Cymbalta and wants me to see him back in a month.

My neurologist says it is Fibro. But not sure. Please help

Sorry for a long post. Thanks a lot in advance

Sounds like a lot of the issues I have. I am newly diagnosed too. My family doc (who has this) says it is fibro. Just saw cardio doc for routine stress test. Hesay I need to check out my back by a rhuemy or an orthopedic. He did not think family doc should just say it is fibro without checking other conditions first. I don't think he is a fan of fibro. Hmm. I been reading a lot about fibro and it fits me pretty well I am not happy but can't deny it. But he could be right about the back pain being sciatic type problem coisting with fibro. Going to try and find a rhuemy. Hang in there and see what others here have to say who have been in this longer. I will be interested too!

Thanks for the reply Lisa. This was my second neurologist , 1st one did not said anything so decided to go for second opinion. Let me know what you find and good luck :)

Welcome, it's sound s like fibro. It's a ***** of an illness to have. There's no blood test to prove anything , which makes proving to others u have it really hard.do have a good look round the forum . We do have a few guys like yourself here.and if u feel confused about anything just ask ��

Thanks a lot for your reply. Will also look around the forum.

Hi it does sound like fibro...it is so hard to get your head around all the different symptoms and how they change in place or intensity. Theere is tons of info on this site and you can ask anything anytime and people will support you and share experiences.

I am sorry if you have got this horrid illness.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I hope someone finds a cure for this soon.

I HAD TREMORS AND SLURRED SPEACH TOO PRETTY SURE IT WAS SIDE EFFECT OF CYMBALTA (FOR ME). I ALSO STARTED GETTING BLISTERS IN MY MOUTH, THRUSH, SPACY FEELING, NUMB TO EVERYTHING, WHILE ON CYMBALTA I WAS ALSO PERSCRIBE LYRICA, WAYYYYYYY TO MANY SIDE EFFECTS, MAYBE I'M THE ONLY ONE, BUT THIS CONCAUCTION THAT THE FDA HAS PUT IT'S APPROVAL ON, IS AWFUL (FOR ME).
I'm ONLY SHARE ING MY EXPERIANCE WITH THESE 2 DRUGS, I MAY BE THAT 1 IN A THOUSAND ODDBALLS.
PLEASE READ THE SIDE EFFECTS. YOU ARE YOUR OWN BEST ADVOCATE.
HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER.

Thanks a lot for your reply. For me tremor started before Cymbalta, but Slurr speech satrted after Cymbalta. Thanks your explanation helps a lot, did you had problem with throat after taking Cymbalta, like problem swallowing and uncomfortable throat?

Hi All, recently I had some muscle cramp in my right calf, does anyone has cramps?

I think lots of us get muscle cramps muscle spasms twitches pulling sensations buzzing vibrating burning pain throbbing aching stabbing pain...infact fibro know no bounds really.

Aside from here there is lots of info on the web...but it doesn't mean you will experience everything you read or hear about. We are all unique and i would say as far as possible avoid stress get the best sleep you can,, eat well, rest whenever you feel the need and appreciate the days that are better.

That way you have the best chance of keeping your symptoms as low as possible.Over time your new body will become familiar to you and less frightening. Odd pains that are not too bad numbness etc here and there if they don't affect what you are doing will kind of blur into insignificance more.

Thanks a lot for your repky Willow. I have been terrified now as I see a scalloped tongue and slurr in speech and have been thinking about ALS. Does anyone with Fibro had scalloped tongue and slurr speech?

My tongue is scalloped from having a tight jaw ...it is very common. How bad is your slurred speech,,,could be medication side affect or when our muscles get tired and weak it could be that. I loose my voice frequently and its just the throat muscles voice box fatigued and hurting.

Please don't panic...asked to be checked for anything you are worried about so that it can be ruled out. So much can be fibro and sometimes things can be full on for ages then dissappear for weeks months or years.

Truly i urge you to take good care of yourself. You are young i understand your anxiety but if you are not always in terrible pain please grab those moments and give yourself the belief you can still enjoy many hours/days of your life even if it's a different life to the carefree one you had before.

I say this out of care and encouragement because if i could go back to when i first had fibro symptoms i would say that to myself.

There will be some kind of medication that will take down the worst pain it's just a case of seeing what works for you over time.

Let us know if the Cymbalta helps...if it doesn't discuss other options

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your reply Willow. Will try to keep positive and hope the slur is from Cymbalta. Have a Neuro appointment on 18th. Looks like Cymbalta helps a bit and also b12.

Thanks again for motivating :)

Good Luck on the 18th let us know how it goes and ask anything else in the meantime. Don't be afraid to shout for support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back