Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
AU
State
VIC
Does anyone else get upper back/thoraciac pain? I've had it constantly for months and it's not getting better :(. Soo painful and makes me very tired as it never goes away. I tried extra lyrica and also disprin with no relief. Is this a typical fibro symptom?

Hi There

From my experience, extreme upper back pain, especially between and under the shoulder blades is normal. I suffer with it evey single day.
I have taken the strongest doses of Lyrica and post operative pain medication i could get but these do not even help alleviate the pain.

Yes it is normal and actually if you Google "fibromyalgia tender points" you will see the exact points that are most commonly tender. That doesn't mean you don't have pain all over, it just means for a diagnosed of fibromyalgia, those particular points need to be tender.

Hi, yes I have upper back pain all the time also the same for the front I have pain on both sides of my upper ribs ( exactly as tender points diagram), also severe pain on the left rib just under my left breast. For my back pain , 1 pill of flexeril at bedtime helps a lot the next day.
I hope you feel better :)

I have burning pain in my back between my shoulder blades. My reumatologist put me on prednisone short term. It has helped a little, but not taken the pain away completely.

wow thanks guys! It is just SO awfully painful I wonder what's going on inside there. Although I have been taking 'celebrex' the past few days and it doesn't seem to be helping (only partly with my jaw which has arthritis). I am scared to increase my lyrica dosage as I already feel completely dumb and dopey on it!

I am really interested in Flexeril. Are there any bad side effects? I hope my dr will give it to me.

Oh and Prednisone...I took some before I knew I had fibro, even at 25mg I noticed not much difference.

flexeril may increase dopey feeling. I found it made way tired the day after. Had to stop taking it.

I can live with dopey... i saw its not for long term use?
so i looked at the tender points. Mine is more pain in the erector spinae muscle and ligaments along side the spine. Not quite the fibro areas. It also spasms and twitches.

Flexeril main side effect is
drowsiness , it is a muscle relaxant so it will help with spasms but don't use it regularly, use it only if you really need it and at bedtime, try it and don't drive the next day to see how it affects you. I take it once every 1 - 2 weeks but I notice a big difference next day specially for my back. I hope it works for you :)

Cyclobenzaprine works amazing but you have a huge drug hangover the next day.
I also heard Chlorazapam works. I'm on the highest dosage of Lyrica and it helps very little. Doctor is going to try Chlorazapam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back