Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
I've been experiencing issues to remember things for a while now, but lately it's been worse. Just the other day I was coming out from the bank, and I swear I just forgot where the heck I had parked the dang car! I couldn't remember, I just looked around and felt so confused! If my mom hadn't been there, then I don't know if I could have able to remember where my car was! Btw, I'm just 26!

Also back in 2007 I was living in Oslo (Norway), I was heading to a store in the center of the city, I had been to that store multiple times and I knew where it was located exactly! Well... I just couldn't remember where the heck that store was! It was where it has always been, lol... close to my bus stop.

Do you guys think this normal for someone with fibro? Lately I can't seem to think with clarity, and making decisions is so hard... I thought it was stress, but doesn't feel like so.

When was the last time that you had a physical check up by your doctor? These could just be moments that we all experience, where you're being forgetful. Or it could be much more serious.

Just a few months ago, and yeah, I've been to the neurologist several times... got a MRI done; it was all clear! So I've been checked for a lot stuff already. I go to the doctor so often... I remember back when i was in norway, I was in the kitchen and suddenly saw the microwave numbers move up and down, I thought I was hallucinating! I later read that could be linked to my dyslexia.

I do have trouble remembering things. Sometimes it is worse than others. I think it can be a part of fibro for sure. I hope things start to get a bit easier for you.

Hi there the memory thing it is VERY common to Fibro sufferers, I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago but my husband and son still think it is dementia!Explained everything to them gave them info to read but they think it was rubbish, I forget the silliest things, like you I go places everyday but some days the fybro fog kicks in and the mind goes dead, cannot navigate with my mind.Husband gives me instructions but by time I get to car I have forgotten.!Even went to a psychologist for memory test he said I am normal and it was the fibro causing the problem, I have a message reminder on my phone ,I talk into it when I go shopping , tell it where the car is ,directions to places etc, its a big help to me .so don't give up try your own ideas.Good luck.

I have memory problems too. I saw my Rheumatologist last week and asked her about this.
She said it was probably partly from just not feeling good, and partly from the medication.
I have always had this issue, but nothing to this degree.

I've heard a lot medications could be linked, but back in 2007 I was taking no meds! I guess something is wrong with me, I've seen several neurologists, but they found nothing wrong. So odd!

Hi there the memory thing it is VERY common to Fibro sufferers, I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago but my husband and son still think it is dementia!Explained everything to them gave them info to read but they think it was rubbish, I forget the silliest things, like you I go places everyday but some days the fybro fog kicks in and the mind goes dead, cannot navigate with my mind.Husband gives me instructions but by time I get to car I have forgotten.!Even went to a psychologist for memory test he said I am normal and it was the fibro causing the problem, I have a message reminder on my phone ,I talk into it when I go shopping , tell it where the car is ,directions to places etc, its a big help to me .so don't give up try your own ideas.Good luck.

OMG! What you said about being given instructions and then forgetting, I thought it was just me, lol! I'm sorry to hear you're going tru this tho, but I feels good to know this isn't so uncommon. Specially at this degree, I'm 26 and and way too young for dementia, hehe! It gotta suck your loved ones sometimes think you actually have that :(

Thanks for sharing your tips... I'm actually starting to use small tricks to remember where the car is. Like for example, last time I went to walmart I left the car in the row where the yellow flower next to the walmart name can be seen :p

Best of luck with everything :) Rest assured you are not alone on this!

I do have trouble remembering things. Sometimes it is worse than others. I think it can be a part of fibro for sure. I hope things start to get a bit easier for you.

Thank you, me too. I'm scared this goes on and on like this in the future, I might have a lot troubles if I get a physical job and I forget to do something I needed to do, like for example a procedure or something like that :-( But I want to believe things will get better :)

Mine is terrible. I laugh and say I got double dosed brain fog with celiac and fibro. I looked for papers I got in the mail when I got the info in a voicemail. I tore the house apart looking for them. I forget to go to Dr. appts, what I was watching on tv, why I went in a room, to call people back, groceries, and lately where I park and where I am when I am driving. I just stop and say "where am I" and I'm only a few blocks away from home. I guess nothing will bother me when I'm 80 because I won't know squat.

Aw Trayne :( I also forget why I went into a room :( When that happened in the past I'd walk back to the other room, that used to help me remember why I was there in the first place. It doesn't anymore tho. I've been suffering from this since I was young, I thought my mom saw me as a really incopetent girl! I thought it was all in my head, but no... is beyond our power :( I guess we will have to learn to live with it.

The weird thing is, everyone I know is having this problem. Me, my husband, his sister, friends & family... It's not just me. I wonder what other factors play into it? Age? Stress? Hmmm....

I think that this is a very serious issues and you should see a doctor as soon as possible. I don't know if it's linked to any other condition, but you should go in for a check up before things get worse. I really hope it was just stress and there's nothing to worry about. I would advise against self medicating...

Stress and pain, plus add in a bit of depression, not to mention the medications we take can cause brain fog to the point we think we must have a brain tumor or something really bad. I went to neurologist's and had CT & MRI scans, and the results were always "There is nothing up there," so that explained everything. lol No brainer! lol

Never made me feel better to hear it was not serious because at that time I was still searching for a answer. Of course the doctors did not mean my head was empty, but when they said it, it always made me smile. So nothing wrong, just fibro brain fog. usually if you can control the amount of stress in your life and really take time to relax and enjoy yourself, the brain fog will not be quite so bad.

I think when we were young we never gave it a second thought about what we could or could not remember. I always have had trouble remembering peoples last names, even as a young person I could not remember my friend's last names. I always figured as long as I knew the first name and face, what difference did it make. My parents of course were not happy that I would omit last names. O'well life goes on and we do the best we can.

If it concerns you greatly go get checked out. Only you know if it is getting harder and harder to remember things. :)

Oh yeah, I got a lot CT and MRI scans done as well, those things never showed a thing :( That made mefeel bad because my doctors often thought and even implied I was crazy or something like that, lol.

Thanks a lot for the advice :) Right now I'm not that concerned, but I admit I'm starting to notice is getting a bit worse, I still can live with it tho. Plus I have a lot other things to worry about... I've a very big decision coming soon regarding to a treatment that could either hcange my life or do notihng at all. So nervious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back