Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
US
State
IL
Just wondering how many of you on here noticed your fibromyalgia starting after you have been on depo for a couple shots or a couple months after you quit.

I had my first flare up about six months after my last shot. And it seemed to all happen as soon as my cycle started again, which didn't happen until about six months after my last shot.

Just wondering how many people out there have the same story with Depo.

When I was diagnosed with fibro my doctor decided to put me on all kinds of birth control cause I won't survive any kind of pregnancy do to my previous incident. But the birth control ended up worsen my fibro and MDD so greatly after just 2 months I was a completely mess do to my hormone imbalance , my estrogen went out of control ( toxic level) , and all other pains medications started giving me all the worse case scenario side effects. I was hyperventilating non stop , hypersensitive to everything noises, touch, lights which's now turned in to full photophobia. Sleep disorders was a completely at the peak of hell and, so yeah even after stop using any birth control my sleep disorders had already completely maximized to the point of no return, and I still can't take many medication do to continuing horrible side effect reactions accept Zoloft or lorazepam which can hardly do much beside put me out or slow down some intense situations . In the ended I had to live with everything with almost no medications and learned to tolerated it.

I was on Depo for about 8 years or so & after a DEXA scan I was told to stop it as I had the start of osteoporosis. I stopped it almost 2 years ago and had the Mirena coil fitted. I'm not sure if there's a link between me being on Depo and being diagnosed with fibro but I'd be interested to hear what other people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back