It should be all happiness and joy, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trellum

Legendary member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
BUT... is NOT! I think i have mentioned it here a couple times, but I will do it again :lol: I'm moving to the Netherlands soon (if things go well). I'm moving to a city full of canals... A lot people ask me why I don't seem so excited and such, that it should all be happiness, because I've the chance to start from zero somewhere else, but... (there is always a but!) I am so worried as to how my body will react!

I've noticed my pain is much worse when it's cold or rainy, I get more migraines and I just hurt. This is my reality, I envy those who don't have to worry about this kind of stuff :( I'm trying to stay positive though, but I am worried :( So much in my head right now, really.

Hi Trellum....I'm not sure which part of the world you are in right now but i am guessing it is warmer than the Netherlands.

I am in the UK so we have our fair share of cold rainy weather...all i can say is maybe your body will adapt in time.

I don't have this sensitivity to weather that i am aware of but i know many do.

Can you adapt your lifestyle by keeping warm indoors during cold spells etc ( sorry at this lame suggestion )

Its such a shame this new phase of your life is marred by worry...a big move is daunting anyway but when you have a chronic health condition like ours to consider i can empathize with all the extra worry.

Well, first thing first.. Do you have a doctor there? Have you done in research about what kind of treatments they do for your particular problems? I think that'd be the best place to start. The reailty is that you'll have problems there with your health... So, make sure you know what to expect when you get there and make sure you have a doctor on hand that can address your needs. Once you do that you shouldn't have anymore problems than you do where you're currently living.

You should try to locate a fibromyalgia group in your locality and join it. This would enable you to familiarise yourself with the dynamics of the disease in this particular locality. It is also a fact that cold weather worsens fibromyalgia. This can be checked by wearing loose woollen clothes especially for those with allodynia. Cold weather has a tendency to increase common illnesses which worsens FM. Therefore its always important that one increases their intake of Vitamin C which is essential to combat the various infectious diseases.

The best thing u can do right now is stop worrying .that is making your stress level high ,and that my friend is making your pain worse.
Your living a nightmare that has not happened yet.
Why live it twice .
Take care of today and let tomorrow take care of itself xxx

There could be other things in that area that will be pluses for you, and actually make you feel better. Try not to catastrophize about how things will potentially be worse, and think about what exacerbates your conditions where you are. I know I moved down here because it was warm and sunny much of the year, which used to make me feel better, but these days makes me worse (heat, not the sun), so if I'm able at some point, I might move again. One thing that has a lot to do with how I feel is air quality and presence of allergens. Maybe do some research into the area where you are, versus where you'll be living, and you might be pleasantly surprised. Allergens and air quality seem to irritate most, if not all of my conditions, and if you are the same, and your new area makes you feel worse, you can at least be prepared for that, and plan to start taking medications and/or finding another type of doctor who can help you.

Trellum, I agree with several statements here. Such great thoughts and advice....Try not to worry about something that hasn't happened. You might be pleasantly surprised that there are positives to the move. Maybe the pace is slower, so less stressful. Maybe it will be a more tranquil environment. Educate yourself to the elements there. Find a health care provider that you can feel comfortable with so you know you have support. Find a support group in the area of other FM and CFS sufferers. Kinda sounds exciting to me! Good luck to you. Keep us posted!

It could be the best thing that you ever do or it could be rotten, you won't know until you try. If it's great, bask in it, if not well nothing says it HAS to be permanent. Anyway your a fibromyalgia survivor...if anyone is stong enough to face a challenge like this you are! Go for it and quit worrying, make it great until it isn't!

Hi guys! Thanks a lot for the advises, and yes I totally get what those who said I shouldn't worry meant, but I'm not really worried... not literally if you know what I mean. Is more like I sometimes think about it, and then I wish I didn't have to think about this kind of things and wonder... last time I stayed there for 3 months I didn't feel well at all, but we will see. I will definitely keep you all posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back