Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
11/2021
Country
US
State
MN
Hi, anyone have itching on their neck mostly in the morning? I also itch after heat/sun but that makes more sense to me. Unless my neck gets warm during the night and the nerves make me itch?? Brother!!!

I think it is more likely that something in your bedding, or the hair product you use (if your hair touches your neck while you sleep), or your pajama top (again, if applicable) or something like that is causing this. You could also take steps to make sure your neck doesn't get too warm overnight. This is just my opinion, but you might try changing those things one at a time to see if it makes a difference.

And, as with any new symptom that any of us have, it is always best to have it checked out by a medical doctor of one kind or another because there's no telling if it is actually related to fibro or not, and if not you need to know what it is.

Thanks. Yes, I’ve thought of those as well. I have tried testing different individual things. It’s seeming that not covering up to my neck has helped the most.

hair products, laundry products, even the fabrics themselves can all make a difference.

I am a bit of an oddball these days when it comes to bed time.. I barely use any covers at all, even tho it is definitely winter outside..
My partner, on the other hand, thinks he wants more covers! lol

You could also take steps to make sure your neck doesn't get too warm overnight.
This and your sun experience, @Shel, makes me wonder if cooling would help the itch, e.g. cold➡️cool pads, or cooling gel....? To prevent and/or alleviate.

We are on the same thought pattern!! Thank you-yes, I have started placing a cold cloth in the morning instead of itching. ❤️ hopefully it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back