Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
When you guys talk about itchy skin, is it the surface of the skin, or a deep itching? Recently I've been getting 'itchy skin' spots. but it feels like it's deep down in the tissue where I can't reach it. I get a kind of itchy bump sometimes (that docs think is relate to herpes simplex) that is like a tiny itchy pimple and this feels like that, but buried under my skin. I have a spot on my thigh where it often happens and lately a bunch more places. :?:

Does it looks like a cluster of cold sore bumps ? Deep itch is what I get from times to time from my Fibro. Like itchy from under my skin , itchy muscles , or itchy bones feeling. Being trigger by the inflammation in my skin pores.

Some pimples I do get in group ( but not burning red patch cluster ) . Do to my body acid building up toward the surface of my skin, triggering skin pores inflammation. Which is causing bacteria in side the pores to reproducing very fast speed , therefore, trigger the white blood cell to attacking it and causing my pimple breaking out in some area on my body or face.

Unless you really had any contacted with the herpes virus it self in the passed , you shouldn't just get it out of no where.

On that note , celiac decease also do look like pimples , they call that 'chicken skin' . Not sure if it is the same though . Maybe Peglegs84 can answer that .

Last edited:
No - it's just single little pimple like itchy spots that members of my family get. One doc thought it was maybe herpes simplex (cold sores) because we all also get cold sores on our lips. The itch is kind of the same, but there's nothing visible on the skin - it's deep in the muscle. as always - weird!

For itchiness just use anything to numb it till they goes away probably best way to goes . I use proactive face mask brand sometime for stubborn pimples , just a little dabble on the pimple spot till it's gone.

I often experience itchy skin. I can get it quite bad in my arms but if I scratch the skin even just once, it leaves large red marks on my skin and takes ages to settle. I can get it all over and often it's like a chain reaction, I scratch the itchy area then it moves to somewhere else & can go on like this for a while, especially in bed at night when I'm trying to sleep, most annoying!

I know Lou38 I hate those itches ! I usually often plastered my skin with anti-itch cream and spray then take loads of allergy pills. It only stop just a little then it move else where. Sometime baking soda bath help but man! It's really driving me crazy !! I even put high menthol product on sometime just to fool my brain to not go insane over it. Sadly 5% lidocaine gel can only be found in tattoo shop and it's quite expensive but that seem to be the only thing that works since I've got itch on my face inside my nostril, eye ball, ear, etc . It's hard to stop my self from ripping my skin off literally! :mad:

I also experience severe itching. Mostly it's surface.... skin, eyes nose. But it's also in my ears and sometimes feel like it's emanating from deep within. When that happens I end up scratching myself raw with no relief. The itching can be so intense.
Recently I decided to try replacing my usual body lotion with straight coconut oil. What a difference I am finding. My skin doesn't dry out as quick and does not seem to get as itchy. I also add a drop of peppermint oil which gives a cooling effect which feels wonderful when you are about ready to scratch yourself with a wire brush lol.
I don't know if this will work with others, but thought I would put that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back