Emma1206

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi

Just over a month ago I started with a constant headache , along with calf pain. I initially put the pain in my legs down to a run I did and assumed I'd pushed myself a little too hard. And the headache I put down to stress working from home with 2 children for the last 7 weeks .

But in the weeks since then the pain/aches has been felt through out my body , arms , legs, neck, back ,, jaw and the headache has been pretty much continuous.

I've had bloods taken and they have all come back normal , I've had antibiotics, naproxen, steroid spray and nothing has helped so far. As I've stated researching my symptoms fibro seems to frequently come up and has made me start questioning things that have happened previously which I've just shrugged off .

I have had heart palpatations, I get out of breathe alot easier, I'm tired alot, Ive had awful heartburn for months, I have suffered for the last year with bad pelvic pain since being steralised and that's getting to the point its excrutiating and I was due to go to the hospital to have this examined but has been delayed due to covid.

Sorry I'm babbling lol . I'm now struggling to do normal things brush my daughters hair, hang washing out, doing the weekly shop , normal activities are becoming harder due to the ache and weakness does this all sound like I could have fibro or am I clutching for a reason.

Any help with your initial flare ups?

Wow - reading this reminds me ALOT of what I have gone through for over a year and a half. I was diagnosed with Fibro in January of this year. I tried 2 meds that made me feel worse than i already did. Now I am researching CBD products. Trying to find some kind of longer term relief for this "thing".

Hi Emma, Sorry you are going through this!
Your experiences may be caused by fibro and may not; I think it is perhaps a bit too early to tell.
Right now the whole world has turned upside down and things are so crazy and anxiety-producing for anyone not living under a rock that everything you are describing could be a result of stress, and may ease up or vanish altogether once the Pandemic has passed, if it passes.

I would suggest you don't make up your mind that it's fibro just yet. Start with trying your best to manage and reduce the stress in your life (not easy, I know, especially now!), and see if that eases things up a bit. Give it a little time....especially as you are not going to the hospital these days and can't get thoroughly tested. Focusing on reducing stress right now is the best thing you can do for yourself. And, when you have pain be kind to yourself. Give yourself permission to take a day off and be lazy, if possible. Treat your body as if it were your child, and you want to make your child feel better.

By the way you are not babbling, and even if you were, that's what we are here for.
Let us know how you are doing.

I feel your pain. I think you need to do additional testing to rule out other problems before you get to this diagnosis.

So since posting this I've had epispdes of facial numbness, I took myself to A&E at my local hospital and they put me in an ambulance to a different hospital with a suspected stroke luckily my CT came back clear. I went for an emergency MRI a few days ago and awaiting the results

I'll keep you posted.

It all sounds very scary at a time you need more relaxation. Hang in there and try some meditation.

I just started taking pure CBD drops. Wow it's like a wave of calm rushes over you. Makes me a bit dopey tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back