Its raining its poring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy Wood

Its raining here today and my hands are feeling it the most today, I don't think this winter is going to fare well for me, my body is really reacting a lot to the change in the weather. Ive been meaning to try some of the supplements that people have suggested but keep forgetting every time I am at the store the fibro fog thing, geeez the next time I go to the store Ill have to make a list if I don't I have CRS (cant remember S**t) lol. I use alot of humor to deal with things but it helps me stay more upbeat, not all the time but most.

Sending love to all 🥰

Its raining here today and my hands are feeling it the most today, I don't think this winter is going to fare well for me, my body is really reacting a lot to the change in the weather. Ive been meaning to try some of the supplements that people have suggested but keep forgetting every time I am at the store the fibro fog thing, geeez the next time I go to the store Ill have to make a list if I don't I have CRS (cant remember S**t) lol. I use alot of humor to deal with things but it helps me stay more upbeat, not all the time but most.

Sending love to all 🥰
Humour is a super power!

Why not order online? You can find better prices sometimes but research the brands because there are some bad supplements out there. I've used Vitacost.

the next time I go to the store Ill have to make a list
Hey Cindy - I'd forget that too. :LOL: Why not make a list right now, and put it where you don't have to remember it?

That said, like Creola17, I get everything online, unless it's an emergency or I need some pharmacy advice.
But usually they have no advice for me. And buying passiflora there (for advice in emergency) didn't work like my online product.
I don't know how good your shops are, but here in Germany in the drugstores/chemists' (in which we don't get prescription drugs) the products are pseudo-cheap, cos low dosed, whilst pharmacy-products have higher doses, but at pretty high prices. The prices of our online pharmacies are comparable to other online sources. Don't have everything, but I hope they do watch out for quality, and haven't been disappointed up to now.

I attach my list -- whether it is a grocery list, or a list of the places I have to go today and things I need to do when there -- to my keyring. I cannot possibly forget it if it is there, because obviously I don't leave the house without my keys. Once I am in the car, I put it in my pocket.

obviously I don't leave the house without my keys
Obviously? Sounds really organized compared to me! 😎
If I didn't always have my keys in my right trouser pocket, I'd leave the house forgetting to lock the flat many a time... We once went on holidays and next day the neighbour above us phoned and asked if everything is OK, since our flat door was open as was the front door... :LOL:

Well, where I live, which is not in any town, I don't really go anywhere unless just for a walk, without driving. So any place where I need a list I will be driving to get there. Can't drive without my keys so that's why I said that. Afterwards, I realized that wouldn't apply to everyone.

But maybe there is something that a person always has with them if they leave the house. Or, you put the list into your pocket or bag so you cannot leave without it.

Can't drive without my keys so that's why I said that. Afterwards, I realized that wouldn't apply to everyone.
Well, I do need my bike lock key actually. As a backup we have a well-hidden flat key...
And back on the serious note: When I was working more I used my PDA - also to be prepared if Alzheimer's sets in. Now I have a set list in my mobile, organized in the right order for going thru my shops, with anything really important added up front.
But to come back what I was focussing on: I think like you - I try to write everything down (stores, others, doc questions...) in the moment they occur to me, not like some people do shortly before they go there. My thoughts are all over the place then. And my memory does not work like some that I will remember things if they are important...

Me too. I keep running lists, add to them, and then the night before I am going into town I tuck them into my key ring! there's no chance I will remember everything once I am in town, because just going in and going several places wears me out.

I've had to put post it notes on the door to remember what to bring what I need. Also have had to cut shopping down too. Only shopped once or twice a month but can't handle it anymore. Have to go to too many stores for my diet. I'm about to turn 70 and it's kind of freaking me out. Yesterday I was in my 40s and feeling pretty good. Know what I mean?

Cindy, try to get whatever morning sun you can catch. Many of us are succeptable

Cindy, try wearing gloves even when it's just a little cool out. Get as much morning sunlight as you can, or use one of those broad spectrum lights for 30 minutes each morning. It will tell your body, "Hey, it's morning." This helps with sleep and with the Seasonal Affective Disorder many of us experience. I dread November, because I usually wind up in the emergency department with severe diarrhea and need IV rehydration--after weeks of misery. Have you tried diclofenac gell for your hands. It doesn't sting. It doesn't smell. It just delivers pain relief wherever you rub it in. Has anyone found a cure for fingers that press "post reply" all by themselves without your brain's knowledge?

I used to go to town with a long list and go 9 different places and do everything. Now I have to go to town more often, which I don't like, because if I try to do more than 3 stops I get too exhausted. <sigh> Just going to town at all can wear me out.

9 stops!? Wow - may I ask what kinds of things?
In that sense I spose I have a perfect environment, hope you're not too envious: 2 medium sized organic food stores, 3 minutes per bike, one in one direction, one in the other. If the checkouts are empty - I usually go there "anti-cyclical" - I can do both in 30' there and back. I used to go several times a week, now usually once or twice one, once the other. There's a drugstore next door to one. And most other things I get online, used (except supps ;-)...), apart from occasional things like an organic clothes store (10' per bike) I go to once or twice a year. My GP is 3', my sleep lab psychiatrist 4', my cardiologist 7', my acupressurist 10' if I'm fast, my work 8' bike, 17' train plus waiting time, 8' bike, plus the way back... And in a flare this can get too much for me. And even without like you I usually don't do 2 or more things without a break any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back