Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
TN
I was finally diagnosed with Fibro last week. I have been living with chronic pain and fatigue for years. The past six months has been brutal. Things I once loved to do our now impossible. I feel alone. None of my family or friends seem to understand. They would playfully make fun of my daily napping. I am married with two young sons. My husband travels for work. He is gone 90% of the time. Most days are overwhelming. I take Flexiril at night to get about four hours undisturbed sleep. I also take generic Effexor for depression and anxiety. I am so frustrated. I feel 85 instead of 35. I'm not sure what normal feels like anymore. It is so encouraging to find people who can relate to this horrible, invisible illness.

I know exactly how you feel when you say you feel 85 instead of 35. I'm older than you at 47, but it is so embarrassing when elderly people zip past me as I walk down the street. haha

I know exactly how you feel when you say you feel 85 instead of 35. I'm older than you at 47, but it is so embarrassing when elderly people zip past me as I walk down the street. haha

My grandma is 77. She walks three miles a day and lifts free weights three times a week. I'm in awe. :-D

Charitybear7,
Just remember you are not alone with this and many people share your thoughts. I am 57 and my life has stopped and I was laid off with a company I worked for 8 years. I have to have a job as we need the money. Disability can take 2-3 years if you can even get it. My husband is 71, is a severe asthmatic. The only way we get groceries is if I can tolerate a good day, I go to say Walmart, ask for someone to push a cart, put in the things I need as I can not lift over 3-4 pounds now, then I can only tolerate about 15 minutes in the store. The employee takes the cart to the check out, puts the items on conveyor belt and bags them and then puts them in my car. Then when I get home, if the bag is over 3-4 pounds, my husband struggles to the front door, stops to catch his breathe and the up into the kitchen. I cannot take the meds most of you take so it is hard for me. Say, I just picked up a book from the library; The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD. See if you can get it and let us know. Just the first chapter sounds just like me. This is a guide to feeling better, "overcoming chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia made easy" which includes natural and prescription drugs and walking as you are able. See what you read and let us know.

I think the worsed part is the not sleeping well that make pain so much worse, maybe worth seeing Dr again if u have not,I take amitripoline,bet I spelt that wrong lol.without it I wouldn't sleep at all my brain races all the time .im on 50mg a night I started on 10 and yes u do feel abit spaced for a few weeks until u get used to them but I swaer by them.

I think the worsed part is the not sleeping well that make pain so much worse, maybe worth seeing Dr again if u have not,I take amitripoline,bet I spelt that wrong lol.without it I wouldn't sleep at all my brain races all the time .im on 50mg a night I started on 10 and yes u do feel abit spaced for a few weeks until u get used to them but I swaer by them.

I take 10 mg of amitriptyline which I split - take 1/2 at 5 pm and then at bedtime I take the other 1/2 along with diazepam which I take to calm the spasms down for sleeping. My body can only tolerate very small doses. They did help me sleep, but now I have shoulder pain and also toss and turn. but I like you have a racing mind, and if I didn't take these, I would never get any sleep. the only other thing to do is if you wake up and can't sleep, then I read get up write your notes down and then go back to sleep. That rests your mind.
Sweet dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back