Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
CA
I've just been diagnosed by my new doctor but I have suspected that I have had it for a couple of years now. It was hard to even get my other doctor to listen to me and my symptoms.

I look forward to chatting with you guys :)

Welcome to the forum beaddot.

While it sucks having a health problem at least you know what it is now. I hope to see you around :)

Welcome! I remember how upset I was and confused when I got my diagnosis, hope this forum gives you the support you need :)

Hi! I just joined the forum & your post was so typical of my experiences also. Just wanted to empathize with you & express my frustration with dr's who won't listen to what we're telling them or interpret our symptoms to fit an easily treatable condition. I'm glad you followed your own instincts and got diagnosed. Somehow that lends credibility to our symptoms and lets us get off the crazy merry-go-round of misdiagnoses. Good luck to you. Hope your day goes well.

After coming to this board and reading a lot of your stories I am thinking I should really get a new doctor! In 10 years I have not been diagnosed! She doesn't listen to me at all! She either thinks I am seeking drugs or SS or something but she is not listening to me. I mean who in the world would want to live like this going to the doctor all the time and suffering and not working. I worked for over 20 years as an RN before that I was in the military. I am not a lazy person! Ughhh...So frustrating!

So many people think we are lazy or that we don't have a real diagnosis. When I have trouble walking and someone asks me what's wrong they don't know what fibro is. I tell them so people are informed but it tells me how people don't really know what we deal with. I have had family members tell me that the devil really has control of my life. Although I know this is spiritual abuse they say it out of ignorance. I still love and forgive them. They just do not understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back