Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
CA
I was just diagnosed by my new doctor but have had pain for numerous years. She started me on cymbalta until my blood work comes back and I see a rheumatologist. My problem with the cymbalta is the sever nausea. I am afraid to take it again because it is so bad. Will it ease up over time with the medication or is there something I could take along side of it? I want to give it a chance to work but do not like the nausea.

I've never been on it myself but I have heard from several people that it is a temporary side effect and it will eventually go away. It may take a little while though... :(

I had nausea when I first started Cymbalta, but no side effects now. Ginger tea helped during the first 1-2 weeks. It got better each day and eventually disappeared. I started at 30mg for 5 days, then increased to 60mg. There are fewer side effects at these lower doses and research shows that anything over 60mg for fibro does little more with a lot more side effects. I have benefited from the medication pain wise. My every day pain went from an 8-9 to a 5-6 after about a month and I was able to stop big gun pain meds. I still take tramadol and sulindac as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back